• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

is the carwash safe?

This is why I will never live in a place that is supposed to be an arid desert.

Haha ever hear of the Colorado River or the Hoover Dam? Las Vegas is 20 miles from one of the biggest water supplies in the US. Problem is they bargained away much of their water allocation to other states when it wasn't needed in the past before the LV boom.

but always remember to clean your window at the pump with the squeege though

I only use those on my beater car; I would never touch one to my SVT. Those squeegees are the prostitutes of the car care world, you never know where they've been or if they're all that clean. Half the time the fluid they soak in looks like blue mud.

Vehicle Washing
Personal vehicles may be washed at home using a hose with positive shut-off nozzle. However, the Water District recommends use of a commercial or self-serve car wash where water is captured to the sanitary sewer, which allows for recycling. Or, use a high-pressure, low-volume sprayer to maximize water savings.

I think what they're saying here is that washing your car at the self-service car wash is preferred because the wastewater goes to the sanitary sewer system where it is treated and recycled in Las Vegas as irrigation water. The self service car wash spray water is still potable water, its just that the waste is treated and beneficially re-used for irrigation, rather than flowing down the street curb.

You wouldnt want to use that water though. Bears and fish pee in it.

You DO realize that the vast majority of public water supplies come from surface water (rivers and lakes) which is treated to drinking water standards. Those of us in the water industry have a joke that the water we're drinking is the water somebody else living upriver peed a couple of days ago. :laugh::laugh:

You DO realize that the vast majority of public water supplies come from surface water (rivers and lakes) which is treated to drinking water standards. Those of us in the water industry have a joke that the water we're drinking is the water somebody else living upriver peed a couple of days ago. :laugh::laugh:

Ours is from under the ground, thank you very much! Even though we have plenty of lakes to choose from

Those of us in the water industry have a joke that the water we're drinking is the water somebody else living upriver peed a couple of days ago. :laugh::laugh:

Whenever I visit a new place I make a point of adding some urine to the local water supply just to keep things interesting.

well piss is none toxic and safe to drink if you are without water. like say for survival. but i have heard that some weird ass people drink it for heath/ youthfulness or what ever.
i read to much stuff on the internet...

Back