• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

California Car Duster

Dyoel182

Addicted CEG'er
Anyone using one of these? I was told by a friend that it is the perfect product for me since living by the lake coats my car in dust daily from the weird wind patterns. He uses it on his black S2000 without any fine scratches so I'm thinking it would be fine on the Contour.

I use a duster to remove light dust and pollen from my car(s). Any defects instilled would be light and easily removed during the next paint cleaning/polishing. I usually dust my car before I use quick detailer, just to remove any of the "gross" particles.

Thats my plan as well. He showed me that it was quick and easy to do rather than just spraying quick detailer on top of the pollen and dust and wiping it off.

I've used them on all of my cars. When it's dry and windy, my cars are dusty by the end of the day after washing them otherwise. No problems here. You just want to use it very lightly and smoothly.

I've used one for many years, never had a scratch from it. Works great for removing light dust.

Well I ordered a gift set so it should be here in a few days. I got the big car duster, the small interior duster and two of the new bendy jelly blades for "drying" the car for $30.

Not too bad. The blades are generally about $20 a piece. I have one bendable one, and one that I picked up from Walmart that LOOKED like the same thing, only to get home, open it up, and find that the handle was hard plastic, and just the clear part flexed.

Not too bad. The blades are generally about $20 a piece. I have one bendable one, and one that I picked up from Walmart that LOOKED like the same thing, only to get home, open it up, and find that the handle was hard plastic, and just the clear part flexed.

I have that same type, still does a decent job IMO.

Thats what I have right now and I'm happy with it. Keep it wet and clean to avoid scratches and it makes it so easy.

How do you guys clean your California Car Dusters? I got one that came with the car but it looks disgusting.

How do you guys clean your California Car Dusters? I got one that came with the car but it looks disgusting.

The directions say there is usually no need to clean it but if you must some woolite and water in the sink is the best way.

Back