• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cleaning Undercarriage

blind829

CEG'er
Just curious if any messes with cleaning underneath their cars? I'm just getting mine out of storage and am interested in doing so. I know those drive through car washes have undercarriage sprayers but I'm not interested in going through one of those.

Even driving in Michigan, the underbody of mine is still perfectly clean. :shrug: What do you have under there that needs to come off?

Even driving in Michigan, the underbody of mine is still perfectly clean. :shrug: What do you have under there that needs to come off?

Just road dust and such. I had to drive in once in the rain last year. I know I'm just being picky, but I was curious if anyone had any ideas or even messed with it.

I think about it when I'm under the car and see all the tar that got thrown up when they neglected to put a flag up that they were putting down fresh tar but it doesnt bother me enough that I want it cleaned up.

I think about it when I'm under the car and see all the tar that got thrown up when they neglected to put a flag up that they were putting down fresh tar but it doesnt bother me enough that I want it cleaned up.

It didn't bother me until I was under it when I was getting it out of storage, now I want it cleaned, haha.

tar/bur remover a scrub brush, steel wool, and a metal bristled brush. worked for me!

*EDIT: alot of elbow grease:laugh:

Back