• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Glass - water spot removal?

All done! (At least with the door windows)

Luckly I don't have to do the windsheild because it was brand new as of July and I didn't do much washing at home after that. I just need to tackle the sunroof and rear window, although they aren't noticeable at all because of the angles and distance you look at them from.

I snapped a couple before pictures. If they came out ok, I'll take the after pics and post them all up.

Finally got around to doing both windshields this past weekend. Initial impressions are good. The Sport was the bad one, where the water spots made the glass cloudy where the wipers don't make contact. After applying and removing the One Grand I can't see the spots. Maybe if I look really hard in certain lighting I could, but for an original windshield with 140k miles and 12 Wisconsin winters it looks a lot better now.

The water spots on the SVT were a lot harder to see (57k miles and no winters) but after the One Grand treatment I don't see them at all anymore, at least when I had it under the lights in my garage.

Also, realistically, unless you're a professional detailer that can will probably last you for the life of more than one vehicle. It doesn't take a lot to do the work and there's quite a bit of product in there.

Yes, it will last a long time, assuming you don't forget to put the lid on tight and then the paste dries out...:ponder:

Mine was extremely dry right after opening it. Only the very top layer was moist enough to spread around. Everything else was falling apart and falling off before I had a chance to work it into the glass. I ended up adding a little water and working it into the paste so it was moist again.

Over the years, I have added some rubbing alcohol to my glass cleaner to make it more workable. I also have a spray bottle handy to spritz the glass when the One Grand dries too early.

After years detailing at a very large dealership, we always used steel wool and window cleaner. Northwoods makes an awesome cleaner that doesnt leave many streaks.

Works great on new and older cars.

Back