• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anything new from you guys?

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
Just wondered if there are some new products out there anyone has tried. We have some Morgan leather cleaners/conditioners (Morgan Motor Cars) that work great:cool:

Here are some of the products/tools that I have had very good results with in the past 6 months or so. Some have been around for a little while and others are fairly new.

--Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax
This stuff has been around for a few years now but I just started using it this Summer. All I can say is WOW! Super easy to use(I applied it in full sun at 3 pm in July and it still worked flawlessly) Looks great on all types and colors of paint because of it being carnauba(dripping wet looks)/polymer (shiny,reflective) based.
http://www.autogeek.net/pisisepawax.html

--Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax
Goes hand-in-hand with the great Pinnacle Paste Waxes. Once again, it works flawlessly in the sun and it is the best looking spray wax I have ever used hands down. Provides a solid month plus of durability on its own.
http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-souveran-spray-wax.html

--Poorboys Polish with Sealant
A very valuable All-in-One product that I find myself using in almost all of my DD/Durability details as a great base for Collinite IW845. Does a great job of cleaning the paint and removing light surface marring all while leaving behind a very nice looking and long lasting sealant for protection. Best of all it can be topped immediately afterwards with any sealant or wax for greater durability.
http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-polish-sealant.html

--Poorboys Professional Polish
This has to be one of the most versatile polishes I have ever used. It works amazingly well on every exterior surface (clearcoated paint, single stage paint, glass, plastic, all metals). I recently used it on a single stage truck that had some moderate oxidation and it cleaned it right up in addition to removing some light to medium swirling. Next, I used it on the headlights and it cleared up the hazing on the plastic. I also used it on the chrome bumpers with good results.
http://www.autogeek.net/pbpp16.html

--FLEX SC 3401 VRG Dual Action Orbital Polisher
Having come from a Porter Cable DA this is just as easy to work but the additional power allows me to polish better and faster. The sound of the motor on this thing definitely sounds more stout than the Porter Cable. While a little pricey it will pay for itself in the long run I believe with its faster polishing speed.
http://www.autogeek.net/flex-orbital-polisher.html

I bought some Mezerna Acrylic Jacket and really like it. I've only done a hand application after clay bar and some polish but I'm really impressed with how it stands up. Plus it loves a good spray of Optimum wax on top.

I've used Pinnacle Souvern as well as the Sig series, but not the series two stuff. I've got S100, NXT 2.0, Griots caranuba in the deoderant stick:laugh: and my Klasse products. Its kinda like in F&F when they said "what you feelin' today, 30 weight, 40 weight", that's how I determine what I'll use, well that and the condition/type of car I have in my bay:shrug:

From what I can gather on Autogeek it seems that the main reason for Pinnacle coming out with SSII was to meet the VOC standards. While they were "upgrading" it I'm sure they also enhanced other items such as looks,ease of use, etc.

If you are still using Souveran or really any carnauba for that matter then I highly suggest that you check out the Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax. It can be used over anything to instantly give drop dead gorgeous looks. It really is that good!

Dyoel182: I've never used the Optimum Spray Wax. How is the ease of use?, Can it be used after a wash on a slightly damp vehicle? Also, how is the appearance? Optimum markets it as a true wax with 5 months durability. Do you find this to be the case?

Just out of curiosity what are you guys using on your interiors?...I've been going back and forth between Poorboys Natural Look and Mothers Protectant. Both are very good. The Poorboys leaves a very nice matte look (I hate overly shiny dressings). And the Mothers has a little more shine than the Poorboys, but is still classy looking.

Dyoel182: I've never used the Optimum Spray Wax. How is the ease of use?, Can it be used after a wash on a slightly damp vehicle? Also, how is the appearance? Optimum markets it as a true wax with 5 months durability. Do you find this to be the case?

Ease of use couldnt be easier. I usually wash the car with Optimum No-Rinse, wipe it dry with my california water blade and start give the car a light spritz with the Optimum and buff it with a clean microfiber. As far as durability goes, the longest I've gone without doing anything to the surface (besides a wash) is 3 weeks and it was still beading water and looking great. I usually will hit it was some Quick Detailer after a normal wash just to make sure its glossy. It is a true wax and you can tell when you apply it plus the smell is amazing.

If it werent from Optimum I wouldnt have given it a second glance. The car still gets a good clay bar and polish every once in a while but I like the ease of the spray on top.

If it werent from Optimum I wouldnt have given it a second glance. The car still gets a good clay bar and polish every once in a while but I like the ease of the spray on top.

I have always wanted to try Optimum products. I know they make top notch stuff. I came so close to buying their new QD (instant detailer & gloss enhancer) the other day, but I opted for DP Final Gloss QD instead. :shrug:

I find myself using a lot of Poorboys, (DP) Detailers Pride, Pinnacle, and Mothers.

One of these days I'm sure I will purchase an Optimum product.

I've wanted to try their QD but the No Rinse comes with a recipe to make your own QD so I've been using that from time to time. I'm sticking with Optimum because of their great prices and the ease of use compared to other stuff.

We get this catalog at work now and its got Zymol products and although I've tried the cleaner wax back in the day and liked it (except for the dusting) they have some wax that is $647.50 for 8oz, that has to be more an oz then most drugs, right:shrug::confused: If I win the lotto tonight, I'm going to order all of the wax they sell and try it out, the next one is $360 for 8oz, damn!

Yeah there are some insane waxes that may be "purer" than others but who cares that much unless its just gonna sit in a museum?

I'm sorry, but I feel that it is just asinine to spend $647 for a jar of wax.

Even if I won the lottery the most expensive I would go would be a $175 jar (includes a free refill) of Wolfgang Fuzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax.

I'd bet that a $90 jar of Pinnacle Souveran looks 99.999% the same as those Zymol waxes.

Hey Roger--Being that you work at Auto Europe. I am curious if you plan on trying out any of the Dodo Juice waxes which are from England. Autogeek recently started selling them.

http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-juice-car-wax.html

If I won the lottery you better believe I'd have a team of professionals using whatever they liked on my fleet of cars. :) Not to say that I wouldnt have a foam gun and boars hair brushes just for fun.

I don't know....

I think that if I won the lottery I would still do all of that stuff on my own. I enjoy doing it and I would know that it would be done right. :)

I've had a foam gun for a couple years now. I like mine a lot. It definitely helps in washing. I do find myself using a little more soap, but I feel it is worth it.

I'd love a foam gun but then I'd also love a power washer. And I'd love a better way to get this tar off my side skirts.

I'd love a foam gun but then I'd also love a power washer. And I'd love a better way to get this tar off my side skirts.

If the tar hasn't been on for months then I would suggest to pre-treat the area with a bug/tar remover. Stoners makes a good one that you should be able to find in stores. Poorboys also makes a decent one. Spray it on during washing and try a microfiber wash mit. I find that the microfiber wash mits are very helpful for the areas of the vehicle that get extra grimey. The front bumper and lower parts such as the sideskirt.

If that doesn't work then I would try something a bit more aggressive. I would bet that a good chemical paint cleaner such as Poorboys professional polish used with a machine or even by hand could remove the tar with ease.

Right now the combo of citrus degreaser spray, turtle wax tar remover, a spray of wd40 and a scotch bright pad is doing the job when I take the time to hit on the hard cold ground and use some elbow grease.

I'm sorry, but I feel that it is just asinine to spend $647 for a jar of wax.

Even if I won the lottery the most expensive I would go would be a $175 jar (includes a free refill) of Wolfgang Fuzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax.

I'd bet that a $90 jar of Pinnacle Souveran looks 99.999% the same as those Zymol waxes.

Hey Roger--Being that you work at Auto Europe. I am curious if you plan on trying out any of the Dodo Juice waxes which are from England. Autogeek recently started selling them.

http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-juice-car-wax.html

I've never heard of those products, but I've got both Klasse products, S100 cleaner and caranuba wax, NXT 2.0 and Pinnacle Souvern at my disposal, although I'm getting low on the Souvern thought (just detailed a Morgan Aero 8 that we just sold to a guy in Cincinatti!) I clayed it, used the S100 cleaner, then used the AIO, followed up by the Souvern and now I'm about to apply a final coat of SG to it and ship it out:cool: The car looks great with its black ext and wild, Mango interior:drool::drool::drool:

I just read about all the "juices" and I wonder when they'll come out with the "Gin-n-Juice", a wax that you need to be drunk to observe the difference:rolleyes: I'm sure its a good enough product, but really, is there really a "miracle in a can" when it comes to waxes. Although I can see why some say caranuba doesn't last like an acrylic or even Zaino, whatever is there:rolleyes:, its all about prep work and what condition your vehicle is in in the first place. The best example I can give you is this 73' BMW 2002 we've got and let me tell you this, the paint was faded out (black) and the detail shop next door wheeled it out to a mirror finish and once that's been done then you can maintain it to looking good all the time. I'm going to be getting lessons from them so when only a wheel will work, I can do it myself!

Back