• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Window tint removal tip

Good tip...I've used an industrial "hair dryer" which works great too. You've just got to be careful because it gets hot.

I use ammonia soaked paper towels stuck to the tint on the inside of the car. Let sit for 1hr in the sun and you can peel the tint with the "goo" off all in one. The ammonia is a glue release. Careful though, it can make you pass out if you are not ventilated properly.

my back window was a PITA to say the least. i ripped it wrong, and ended up having to soak it in ammonia and used steel wool to rub it off. broke 1 of my defroster lines too :rolleyes:

i just use goo gone.:shrug: with a razor blade.

I have a large razor blade i run across the windows to take the glue off.

Harry, I think he was calling you a goof-off. ;) :laugh:
Seriously, goo-gone and a razor blade works well and makes quick work of getting the glue off.

Harry, I think he was calling you a goof-off. ;) :laugh:
Seriously, goo-gone and a razor blade works well and makes quick work of getting the glue off.

Luca thats it, i don't know what i can do to you. But if i could do something i would do it.:laugh:

I use ammonia soaked paper towels stuck to the tint on the inside of the car. Let sit for 1hr in the sun and you can peel the tint with the "goo" off all in one. The ammonia is a glue release. Careful though, it can make you pass out if you are not ventilated properly.

X2...I did this to mine and my tint came off no problem. Just take your time peeling it off the rear window.

Luca thats it, i don't know what i can do to you. But if i could do something i would do it.:laugh:

LMAO!
A gold star for you...
star.gif

Umm, see the title under my name? :D ;)

Just don't spell out any words on my SVT at SZ please. :)

LMAO!
A gold star for you...
star.gif

Umm, see the title under my name? :D ;)

Just don't spell out any words on my SVT at SZ please. :)

Sweet i got a star. :laugh:

no....i wouldn't do that to you....whistling...:cool:

Back