• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NEW Item, Pioneer Avic-d3 $999, Free shipping

Ok guys and gals, I wanted to let you know of the newest item the Pansonic AVIC-D3. Details are below.

369264980AVIC-D3%20large.jpg

Pioneer takes Navigation to the next level with the all-new AVIC-D3, an incredible combination of Navigation, Audio/Video and Connectivity capability at an amazingly affordable price. Some of the key features include:
  • Full North America navigation maps on 2 DVD discs with 12 million Points of Interest (POI)
  • DVD Video playback
  • MP3, WMA, iTunes AAC, and DivX file playback on either CD or DVD
  • AUX input on front for both Audio and Video
  • Multicolor illumination allows you to match the color of your vehicle's dashboard
  • "iBus" iPod Audio/Video Direct Control (CD-I200 cable required)
  • Bluetooth Ready (CD-BTB100 required)

Last edited:
Ok guys and gals, I wanted to let you know of the newest item the Pansonic AVIC-D3. Details are below.

369264980AVIC-D3%20large.jpg

Pioneer takes Navigation to the next level with the all-new AVIC-D3, an incredible combination of Navigation, Audio/Video and Connectivity capability at an amazingly affordable price. Some of the key features include:
  • Full North America navigation maps on 2 DVD discs with 12 million Points of Interest (POI)
  • DVD Video playback
  • MP3, WMA, iTunes AAC, and DivX file playback on either CD or DVD
  • AUX input on front for both Audio and Video
  • Multicolor illumination allows you to match the color of your vehicle's dashboard
  • "iBus" iPod Audio/Video Direct Control (CD-I200 cable required)
  • Bluetooth Ready (CD-BTB100 required)

This AVIC have GPS like the N2 and N3? If so... does it disable the DVD when your driving? I did a N2 in a car with the GPS antenna, but I didn't really get to go driving around to see if the GPS would disable the video...

I have the AVIC-N3 in my contour and love it! Now if our cars had the double din open for the stero I would have gotten the AVIC-D3. By law when your nav is hooked up it has to disable the dvd player or other nav features, but their are ways around that so I hear.

I have the AVIC-N3 in my contour and love it! Now if our cars had the double din open for the stero I would have gotten the AVIC-D3. By law when your nav is hooked up it has to disable the dvd player or other nav features, but their are ways around that so I hear.

oh there is.... :)

Whoe, how is it you have a double opening for your sound system? I WANT that! :)

:) I have had 4 people send me emails about the. Just trying to decide if i wanna spend that amount of time doing them or not.

I think im gonna Add a backup camera for racing soon :)

Ya i think im gonna do the back three windows soo and a diff security system. Trying to decide where to put the camera right now. Im thinkin In the rear mesh :)

You could always drill and mount it through the Ford oval above the license plate. It might be a little more useful mounted higher than the mesh. It would definitely take a little work to make it virtually invisible, but you seem to be up to that sort of challenge!

I have been HIJACKED:rolleyes:

I am asking my radio guy about the DVD being disabled while driving, but I would go along with the others and say that you usually can not do that.

But there are ways around it :crazy:

I have been HIJACKED:rolleyes:

I am asking my radio guy about the DVD being disabled while driving, but I would go along with the others and say that you usually can not do that.

But there are ways around it :crazy:

Usually you can bypass by grounding it out.... most in dash's just need to see ground.. then again... seomtimes they do need a positive input.... so depending on what the unit needs to see.... I've heard some of the AVIC's with GPS don't work when driving, but I'm not sure... I did an install with one awhile back, and put a bypass on.... which I shouldn't have... but I didn't get to go out and drive it around to see if it would disable the video....

anything avic past the n1 the video shuts off when it sense's the vehicle moving via the GPS signal. There are ways around that as well

Back