• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone have a wiring diagram for the factory keyless entry?

AGrayson84

CEG'er
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a wiring diagram of the wires on both harness coming out of the factory keyless entry unit on my '98 CSVT. Any help would be hugely appreciated as I haven't had a any luck with searching on the forum nor on Google. Thanks!!

-Andrew

Thanks for the response! Well, what I'm looking to know is if any wire coming off of that unit gives a constant + or - signal while the doors are locked, and/or while they are unlocked. Obviously a short pulse is sent when the doors are locked and unlocked, but I'm looking for some sort of constant current that changes when the doors go from locked to unlocked or vice versa. Any ideas?

I almost thought that the LED on the clock (I have a '98) would have worked, but that gets a constant feed with the doors locked or unlocked, until the ignition is turned on (rather than it only get a constant feed when the car is locked). Thanks!

Moderators/Admin(s):

This thread got moved to to:

Category: Aesthetics- Modifications & Maintenance Subforum relating to styling changes & car care.
Subcategory: Audio/Video/Electronics -AV for the Contour/Mystique/Mondeo.

What does a factory keyless entry wiring question have to do with aesthetics, styling changes, car care, or audio/video? Shouldn't this have remained in a trouble-shooting section? The reason I have to ask is because I'll never get an answer here, in what I feel is the wrong category/subcategory, that gets almost absolutely no traffic. Thanks in advance!

-Andrew

Do you still need this? I can scan the wiring diagrams from the service manual later today if you do. Let me know via PM, because as you noted, I don't often check this sub-forum.

Do you still need this? I can scan the wiring diagrams from the service manual later today if you do. Let me know via PM, because as you noted, I don't often check this sub-forum.

Yes I do, sent you a PM back. Thank you in advance!!

I just found this and it looks to be a pretty good resource!

http://www.powerlibrary.net/Remote/Remot...=meadville

-Click on "Auto Repair"
-Click on "Auto Repair Reference Center"
-Enter this code: pl249412345678
-Search for your car

Pretty good diagrams!

Hope that helped

Thanks! I tried clicking the link and got a 404 error. I went back and looked the link and looks like it is missing the rest of the URL after the /Remote/:
http://www.powerlibrary.net/Remote/Remot...=meadville

Thank you!

If you still need it i have access to wiring diagrams for any vehicle through school

Thank you! Since a few diagrams I have looked at so far are wrong, yeah I'd really appreciate if you could post it for me! I have an E0 (Early 1998), in case it makes a difference.

Thank you! Since a few diagrams I have looked at so far are wrong, yeah I'd really appreciate if you could post it for me! I have an E0 (Early 1998), in case it makes a difference.

No problem! Itll probably be around 4 or 5 when i get the chance to get them tonight. Ill make sure it's the right one

So I was able to pull them up, but didn't realize that there was no save feature, nor is there a url for the diagram. I printed them out, and later tonight I will photo copy them back onto my computer and post them

Thanks for trying again, and no problem!! But sadly, this link doesn't work for me either. Looks like a complete URL this time, and isn't an internal address, so not sure why it's not working for me. Anyone else able to access this link??

Tonight I scanned the Anti Theft Wiring from my service manual('99 Contour/Mystique)

http://s938.photobucket.com/user/Kobol75/library/AntiTheft 99 Contour

Thank you so much!! I responded to your PM and the other wiring we discussed looks to be accurate based on what you typed for the wire colors. I was beginning to think my car was manufactured with totally different wire colors than most cars after my electrical manual for the 98 Contour had a bogus diagram. :crazy:

Try this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Xi99qhNMsVdFlHWVowRXVtdWM/edit?usp=sharing

If it's too blurry let me know. A problem we have with our program is we can read them fine online, then they completely jumpble the words when it prints. It looks like it may have done the same here, but it is still slightly legible.

^THAT is the best one I have seen so far! I've got good eyes and that is definitely a bit difficult to read. Is there any chance at all you might be able to do a pint-to-PDF option? If you're not sure about that, when you go to print the file you can often change the printer that you're printing to, to an option that says "Adobe PDF". If you use this option, it'll let you save it directly to a PDF that you can upload, instead of printing to a printer, scanning it, and then uploading it. Doing the print-to-PDF option might resolve the visibility issues. Or if you're not scanning on the glass (if applicable) maybe you can try scanning on that instead of the sheet-fed scanner? Just a couple thoughts :)

Otherwise I will definitely try to make that one work... just have to spend a little time deciphering some of the text. Thanks again!!

That is what i did actually, but my laptop saved it to xps instead of a pdf. I decided not to scan the printouts and try that instead. Im guessing its similar to adobe. I then uploaded the file to google drive. For some reason when it goes to print, even to a file, it blurs the lettering. Imagine when it prints it tiny on the paper :p i wish the diagrams had a save function -_- if you still need it to look clearer i can try using the print screen function so the letters dont blur

Hey, that's a good thought! If you don't mind, that would be awesome! After I posted my response just a little bit ago I went and printed it out and totally can't read anything lol :blackeye:

I know :p imagine how we feel reading these things on the computer, then going to our teacher with the printout and he starts squinting. He then goes to his computer and tosses the printouts in the trash. Yet he continues to have us print them -_-

Ill use the printscreen function tonight when i get home. Going out to party a little after work ;)

Back