• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

radio plays buy itself after 3 hours

royalblue

In time out with LUCA
I've had the same after market stereo for a few years now ,but never this problem . I got home from work a few hours ago and about 20 minutes ago I hear a strange noise coming from outside so I go out to check it out and my radio is playing on it's own :shrug::confused: The only other issue I have been having is the remote key fob has been slow to respond lately could this be related some how :shrug: The only thing I can think to check but have not is the central timing unit under the dash

Now taking suggestions

Never mind I kinda figured it out . I took the radio fuse out #32/ 7.5 amps and the key fob works again .For some reason my head unit is not turning off all the way ? haven't figured that part out but anyway I have it wired into the stock power wire harness So it looks like I'll be rewiring it with stand alone power wiring.
Related or not, I did notice the door chime is sounding a little odd now..

Why would the radio fuse have anything to do with the remote lock?

So after looking at some wiring diagrams from Alldata I pulled the ABS fuse #22 that is tandem to the radio fuse #32 The ABS hasn't worked in years anyway .Put the radio fuse back in and the radio and remote lock work the way they should now:crazy: must be the ABS fuse was feeding back through the radio fuse somehow:shrug:

Back