• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Subwoofers.

MystiqueLS98

New CEG'er
I got a couple Ford OEM subs today at work. I would upload pictures but I only have a 97kb limit for the image type; I need help figuring out how to install them (I will repost this in audio/video once I get my full member privileges). :shocked:

Thanks for moving this, I tried reposting but I am still apparently not allowed to post outside of the new member classroom.

Here are the images
CAM00236_zps201627b6.jpg.html

CAM00242_zps7abdb091.jpg.html

CAM00241_zps4e30a090.jpg.html

CAM00245_zpsd3542833.jpg.html

I don't know if I need to use this amplifier, (I heard they're crap) but I grabbed it anyways. I have an aftermarket HU so I'm assuming if I have the premium sound system it has already been bypassed or removed.

Anyone know the Radio Type codes on the vehicle id tag?

The images don't seem to be displaying in the post, just right click and hit open in new tab.

My daily job is installing radios and audio equipment in cars..I happen to be Mecp certified, if it matters any.. from the looks of it the amp that you have is an amplifier that can be from a "shaker" system that is found in mustangs.. cant tell from the pics if you have the "input" pigtail that would come from the factory harness that sends the "music signal" to the amp to amplify.. from there it goes to your subs..IMO the amount of trouble it would cause you to install it wouldn't be worth the the sound it actually creates.. they re normally a higher ohm resistance than a sub you can purchase at a store, and theyre RMS watts is low as well.. youre better off going with something else.. you can probably find one 10 in speaker cheap that can sound better than those 3 speakers right there..

Back