• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Post your battery relocation setups

GIT-R-DONE

Veteran CEG'er
Im looking at relocating mine and I've searched through some posts from the pasts, but some pics are gone now or not much info behind them. So I figured maybe we could get a thread to compile them and help out with parts used.

I haven't done it yet myself but have this picture in my files.
03-10-08_1908.jpg

Also this is the power distribution box I picked up I plan on using.
2012-07-06_15-16-50_914.jpg

2012-07-06_15-20-50_71.jpg

2012-07-06_15-31-40_256-1.jpg

When I get to it this will be my project.

since the first photo posted is of my car I'll post a clearer photo. These photos where taken when I had just finished relocating the battery. Since then I have installed a new distribution block and run new cables for the positive (alt to distro block) and ground. For the trunk I have since re-run my power wire for the amps in the trunk and installed a new circuit breaker and bettery terminals. The ground is also to a ground lug bolted to the trunk floor.

DSC04507_zps0d1fcdad.jpg

DSC04509_zps53f9d610.jpg

Bumping this instead of started a new thread.

Planning on doing my relocation here in the next week or two and throwing around some ideas in my head. I'm moving the battery to the trunk (obviously), on the passenger side, right behind the seat. I've already made a false floor for extra support under my sub box, and golf bag, so Ill be mounting it to the section of false floor that stays stationary 99% of the time. I have a good bit of KnuKonceptz 1/0 gauge wire for power. I also have a KnuKonceptz 3 way distribution block I'm planning on placing inside the car, somewhat different from what seems to be the normal setup I've seen on here. I am going to be doing the "big 3" at the same time of the relocation , so I figure that when making the new cables for the alternator and starter, I can redirect them to the inside, instead of to the factory location. I don't like the look of whats left of the normal battery relocation setups with all the wiring running to the now open space of what was once the battery.

So I plan to run the cable inside the car, down the passenger side (hopefully finding a existing hole or space to create a new one) into the foot well near the ecu. Create the new cables for the alternator to d-block, and starter to d-block, as well as extend the wires from the fuse box to the passenger side to be ran with the other two. With creating a new cable for the alternator, it will remove the mega fuse from inline with the wire, to now in the d-block.

Anyone see any issues with these ideas? I know it may seem like more than necessary to complete the job, but from what I picture in my head, it will come out clean and work well.

From what i'm gathering your gonna be running a wire directly from the alt down the passenger side of the car to the battery, next to the PCM (which I would not recommend, just incase the amperage flowing through the wire causes issues with the PCM), with wires going from a junction block near the alt to the starter and fuse box. If this is the case I see no problems with this, as long as you don't get too close to the PCM or any data lines coming from the PCM.

Back