• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My audio set up

how is your amp run is it mono or bridged. if you want to get another alpine or RF try to find an older 1. there new stuff isnt as good as it used to be. ive always perfered the better name brand over the generic companies. ya you can get an amp with more watts but i dont think they sound as good. i would rather have quality over quanity. but again my opinion.

There arent many companies out there. Truth is most "generic" companies are owned by the name brands and internally are often identical. Anything by Maxxsonic is good. They own MB Quart, HiFonics, Crunch etc... You can get a Crunch amp for dirt cheap and it is essentially a HiFonics amp (same factory, parts etc.) You get the quality and the features of an awesome amp for dirt cheap.
Alpine and RF have fallen victim to the big vendors. Alpine used to be exclusive and used to choose their dealers (I think they still are for their F1 line). But they have just started to produce mass quantities of non-inspiring amps to meet the demands of Best Buy. The quality is still good, but the entire company, product and image has changed. It's sad because I used to be a hardcore Alpine guy.

Back