• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

radio volume.

double_u_4

Veteran CEG'er
ive noticed ever since i got my tune done on the car when i turn the lights on the radio gets louder. i havent done anything with anything electrical. its almost like the lights knob is like a volume. when the radio is on & the lights off the volume is normal. put the parking lights on it goes up a little, turn the headlights on it goes up a little more. ( no difference if u put the fog lights on ). it doesnt matter if it s radio, cd, satelite radio or my ipod. they all do it. its not a big problem with me but i would just like to know why it would do it. ive heard of getting a whining sound thru speakers b4 when accelerating but nothing like this.

its an aftermarket system, headunit, amp & subs. the headunit was in the car when i got it, i put the subs & amp in. but it never did it til i got the tune done last week. i doesnt do the whine with acceleration just goes up a little with the headlight switch.

Well I had an aftermarket radio that was doing some funny stuff to my electrical system so I replaced it and my problem went away. Maybe it's a bad ground and bad timing that it happened at the time of your tune.

ya maybe il take it out & rewire it or something. the way the P O had some of the •••• done in this car is just crazy. •••• was just thrown in. he didnt try to keep anything clean & neat.

Back