• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best battery that fits in 99 svt?

Westwildcat

CEG'er
what is a high quality brand of battery that make the battery size that fitz in 99 contour? they kind of need to be shorter or have the battery posts sunk in so the posts dont hit the hood.

Any suggestions?

I just got a duralast. Been working fine for me. Ask me a battery is a battery unless you really cheap out. I did used to work ins a wal-mart tle, and definitely stay away from everstart's. I had an optima but they're not us made anymore and not nearly worth the money IMO. I've also had interstates. Worst battery I ever bought.

Are you looking for an agm or something for a stereo or just an oem replacement or what?

Sears Die Hard Platinums are the best for all of the above. They are made by Odyssey, which is a good company and they have the best replacement warranty on the market, 4 years free replacement.

Huh, my Everstart is still going strong 7 years later, guess I got lucky. Yeah OP we have a weird battery size, group size 40 R (reverse terminal).

Huh, my Everstart is still going strong 7 years later, guess I got lucky. Yeah OP we have a weird battery size, group size 40 R (reverse terminal).

Idk some people just came back for several replacements lol. I've replaced my interstate in my gt 3 times during a period of about 12,000 mi. over maybe 2 years. Even brought the suckers in for winters and kept them up to charge. Very upsetting after spending $120.

Well I only bought Everstart because it was the closest battery to where the car died, but I've drained it fully maybe 5-6 times since I've owned it and it still tests out great.:shrug:

When I worked at Advance we had some batteries come back as defects, but more often than not it was not an issue with the battery. Typically it was the person who bought the battery not realizing they had other issues until the new battery didn't solve them.

Don't forget OEM Motorcraft batteries. Your Ford dealer sells them at comptitive prices. I have one that is 8 years old and still going strong!

If you want the best I'd go with Optima batteries. More power, they are sealed and they come with the option of side mount or top mount.

I put a bigger taurus battery in my svt but its everstart from walmart, in my last contour i put a new walmart battery it only lasted exactly 2 years

Can you get an optima that fits a contour?
Of course, just because it's not listed for the Contour on their site doesn't mean they don't make one that fits. I had the same problem with my GXP last summer (not listed as available), and it was because the one they make that is the perfect fit has the posts reversed on it but it works great without modding. I just went to autozone where they measured and ordered what I needed. There are people on the boards here with redtops but I don't know what number they have.

Ive had a few friends say optima didnt last very long, i hear interstate batteries are good too
They have a 5 year waranty. Thats longer than most normal batteries will last, especially in the northern states. But they are a bit overkill, A little 2.5l V6 doesn't need the all the CCA that they put out. But I always view bigger is better :)

They have a 5 year waranty. Thats longer than most normal batteries will last, especially in the northern states. But they are a bit overkill, A little 2.5l V6 doesn't need the all the CCA that they put out. But I always view bigger is better :)

Yea true, i put a taurus sho battery from walmart it has a little more cca its perfect imo,i tried to get the champion battery for taurus but nothing in stock and i needed a battery asap couldnt shop around lol....but i never used a optima battery before heard they pretty much overkill like you say and i dont listen to music much........ i just cant bring myself to pay that much for a battery 100 is max ill pay for a battery lol

Can you get an optima that fits a contour?

DSC_9045.jpg

What is the model # of that optima battery BrApple? So I can maybe call a few places and get prices. Thanks

Back