• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New System Install

I like them man. Hard to judge tight now till I adjust the grew some more. Have the high pass on them and still get nice miss out it of them. Really mice clear highs. Only 60 rms on these speakers tho. But that's what the matching amp gives so it's nice.

Nice dood! Pics are not bad at all for a cell phone either. I recently did an install with pioneer 6x8 all the way around but no sub. Now just get in there and vacuum and armorall everything :)

I will update with more pics tomorow, it def is starting to sound better, tuned the freq's today, need to adjust a lil more tomorow

Did that positive cable slide right through that gromet in the firewall? Where did it come through at? Its pretty hard to see anything in there without knowing where at its coming from.

Did that positive cable slide right through that gromet in the firewall? Where did it come through at? Its pretty hard to see anything in there without knowing where at its coming from.

I can take some better pics for that for you tomorow, yeah it went in through there, its the hood release cable its next to. So look at your hood release, and follow the cable to the firewall, thats where it goes through ;) I can still take more pics, and like open it in photoshop and point/lable things for you if it helps, just let me know.

Hmm what would make this complete.......................................Some Sound clips?

I can try to record something for you if you like, idk how well it will sound in a recording though.

on a side note, my box fell over way to many times, and the sub didn't rip, but I need to re silicone it. Should I make a how to for that? Also, well I'm repairing the sub and it dries for 24 hours, I'm picking up a nice banpass box for it.

Also, I had time to take the amp off the sub box and mount it the back of the seat, had to move my ground wire, and get a longer one. Will update with pics tomorow night, after 24 hours of drying and setup of the banpass. Can try to do some recording after (I record my own music, as well as music for the games I write, so I do have really nice mics I can setup outside, just gona take a few to get it setup out there.

One thing to note is NEVER use a steak knife to remove interior pieces or you will end up with gauges like you have, Wrap some duct tape sticky side out around your finger and they will pull right out. For everything else non-damaging nylon interior panel removal tools can be bought for under $5

Also, the correct, non damaging (and easy) way to remove the handle insert from the front doors is to stick a small flat screw driver into the hole on the bottom of the handle, thats what is is there for and it pushes the insert right out.

its not to bad, cept that I got it from sonicelectronics...and their site lists it as having 3 sets of pre outs, @ 4v, HA they lie sadly, I hate having to have the gains up that much(sounds great, just bugs me, I had 2 things I wanted in my HU, 4v preouts, and 3 sets of outs)

its not to bad, cept that I got it from sonicelectronics...and their site lists it as having 3 sets of pre outs, @ 4v, HA they lie sadly, I hate having to have the gains up that much(sounds great, just bugs me, I had 2 things I wanted in my HU, 4v preouts, and 3 sets of outs)

Yeah I went to bestbuy to find a decent deck. I also wanted at least 2-3 pre-outs, best option for my budget. If they're not 4v, what are they, 2v? I wondered this the other day.

Back