• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

battery relocate

double_u_4

Veteran CEG'er
when i bought my car it had the battery in the trunk. well i dont want to keep it there i want to put it back under the hood. there is no box there to hold the battery. how would i go about putting it back in there, i really dont see how the battery tray would go in.

The mount runs down and bolts in side ways. If that make any sense. LOL and I want to put mine in the trunk. If you need a good + cable let me know. I have collected them from the local junk yards you never know.

ok. kool thanx. il have to see if i can find 1 some where. i thought it may have been welded on. good to know it just bolts. ya ill need to find a new + cable too

A reverse battery relocation, Never heard of this one yet, If you need I'm sure I can get pictures of where the tray mounts. Not sure if you have a stock tray sitting around though.

If you can't find a cable let me know. And I know where a battery tray in a 2000 svt and bolts is. What type if tray and terminals are on yours?

Back