• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

aftermarket radio no sound

turbojimbo

CEG'er
okay when i first got the car it had no radio nor speakers but i found the ford cd player in the back. so i put that radio in and put some speakers in it, plugged the factory amp back in and i have been running around with that but now its time for the ford cd player to go, i have my pioneer radio that worked in my se, went and got another adapter to make it work with the svt harness got it wired up and plugged in, got power to the radio but no sound and the factory amp is still plugged

this it the adapter i got
IMAG0099.jpg

also when i looked up a manual from pioneer it said this wire should go to a amp/power antenna could this be my problem, i have the power antenna hooked in with the ignition/switched wire:shrug:
IMAG0108.jpg

IIRC, you need a jumper to bypass the factory amp that came with the "premium sound" systems. I don't know if without it there is no sound at all, but it was atleast undesirable sound quality. If no one else can chime in soon, try taking the speaker leads from the head unit and put them right on a spare speaker to check its working. If yes, then I would say the factory amp is your problem.

Unless you power the factory amp with a 5 volt source it will not work (Radio Shack 276-1770 voltage regulator)

i took two of the speaker wires off the radio side of the harness and hooked them up in my se and no sound so it must be in the radio,which kinda sucks

Back