• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Amp squeal.

ToasterOven

CEG'er
The internal amp in my head unit blew, but the low outputs still worked. So I hooked up a cheap amp to power the speakers cuz I got it free from my bro. But now, I have an rpm dependent squeal from the speaks. Subs amp doesn't do it, never has.

Think its just cus it is a cheap amp? I mean, like fifty bucks at Wally world cheap. Or is it cuz I have it hooked up with audio cable from the low output that are made for home stereo applications and aren't shielded properly for automotive use?

Never ever ran into this problem before, even with cheap amps so I'm thinking its the cables, but wanted to see if anyone actually knew if it could be the cables.

You have a bad ground. Check your connections and make sure you have the ground securely attached to bare metal.

Alright, yah. I feel retarded. Didn't bare the metal where the ground connected, so it was going through the bolt or whateves and I didn't check it before I tightened it down. Thanks.

Back