• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

0/1 Gauge reccomendations?

Beans

Addicted CEG'er
Anyone have some personal experience on a 0 gauge they can recommenced for bang for the buck?

For battery relocation purposes, would like to do both positive and negative. So i would need...what 50ft??

Why do you need to run the ground wire too? Just use the chassis.

Unfortunately, I have not been near power wire retailers for several years so I can't really give a current indication of best bang for the buck.

Why do you need to run the ground wire too? Just use the chassis.
Well ive heard of people, and have had first hand experaince where that didnt work so well. I suppose i could try it and if it doesnt work well then i could get more.

anyone order from knukonceptz recently?

He used to be a member here, maybe he will hook up CEG members? :shrug:

There stuff is kinda hit or miss. Actually its part of the reason why i am doing this. Junky ass battery terminals :nonono:

So how much would i need to run underneath the car one way? 25 feet?

knukonceptz is great...dont buy janky terminals...its either allen head or compression fittings anyway...how can you make it loose?

There stuff is kinda hit or miss. Actually its part of the reason why i am doing this. Junky ass battery terminals :nonono:

So how much would i need to run underneath the car one way? 25 feet?

I know this is for stereo equipment but i have had couple of friends who run Monster terminals and swear by them. They replace the stock junk ones your talking about. I don't know exactly where to get them but i know there out there.

And for my stereo i ran 4GA from the stock battery location to my right trunk vent (My lobster was there) using 30 feet with plenty left over for ground.

Auto zone 0 gauge, black/yellow jumper cables! There is a plug in the firewall. Run them through the fire wall and under the carpet straight to the trunk. I think its the cleanest.

... use the chasis... you want the ground as short as possible....
sand down to bare metal and torque the bolt your using...
i use rockfordfosgate stuff. if you can findsomeone who works at bestbuy sometimes they'll hook you up i got a 4gague RF kit for ~40 bucks
if you're running 1/0 i hope your not running a seperate ground unless you're running another battery in the back and then i dont know why you're asking for advice here

what would be the down side to running the ground all the way to the trunk on a relocation other than more cable? i ran mine all the way back with no issues.

Back