• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

installing radio in a 2000 ford contour

verbaldude

New CEG'er
hello i was wondering if somebody could help me out im tired of listening to the radio stations in my area and my contour doesnt have a cd player. only cassette player (apparently they had those back in 2000) and im looking for a cd player for my car could any one recomend me one that would fit into the car i have no idea what too look for im a complete noob at this.
so my contour is a 2000 ford contour se
im looking for something between 0-100 dollars
thanks

check out crutfield.com for ideas. you need a single din radio, you can find a cheap one at walmart along with the adpator harness to make it plug and play.

you could also get one of those tapes that came with cd-players and use a portable cd player or mp3 player for even cheaper ....

Try best buy....I bought a Sony CD player for $120 and it has bluetooth. It also had a single plug on the front for ipod, mp3 player,...etc.

I have a stock SE H/U with CD, if you want straight up plug and play.

um, no. it is not plug and play. all stock cd players had external amplifiers. most if not all tape decks do not. if it does have a permium sound with tape then it would also have the seperate cd-player and that was a pre98 only option as I recall.

um, no. it is not plug and play. all stock cd players had external amplifiers. most if not all tape decks do not. if it does have a permium sound with tape then it would also have the seperate cd-player and that was a pre98 only option as I recall.
My 95 Mystique had premium sound tape deck and no CD

Click me.

For a headunit, I recommend a good Pioneer. I've used various Pioneer headunits and other products over the eyars and have NEVER been disappointed. Plenty of places to get one but ebay is usually your best bet for cost effectiveness.

If your budget is $100 remember that you're also going to have to buy the adapter harness so factor that in. I mean you don't HAVE to but if you are a noob you won't want to cut and splice, plus the harness is a good idea if you ever want to put the stock radio back in to sell the car. I'd also bypass the factory amp while you are at it, the how-to for that is at the top of this forum.

My 95 Mystique had premium sound tape deck and no CD

yeah that seems possible on the pre98, not on a 2k .... I have never seen a premium sound tape deck in a contour. and when I did it had the seperate cd player. only ever saw one car like this.

Back