• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

That hole in the rear deck??????

kevace1

New CEG'er
hey everyone,

i'm just wondering if anyone has ever looked at or used that circular holethats in the rear deck of contours. I have a 98 SE 2.5 MTX and i've noticed it and wonder if anyone has used it to mount a subwoofer there. I have not measured it but it looks like a 6" or 6.5" hole. has anyone used it??? Or what kind of set ups does anyone have where they have used teh rear deck to house speakers??? any input would be GREAT:crazy:

search. many multiple threads on uses for that hole.
not trying to be an a-hole, but always search for something before you post anything about it. we were all newbs once and have made that mistake. but just remember that from now on.

hey everyone,

i'm just wondering if anyone has ever looked at or used that circular holethats in the rear deck of contours. I have a 98 SE 2.5 MTX and i've noticed it and wonder if anyone has used it to mount a subwoofer there. I have not measured it but it looks like a 6" or 6.5" hole. has anyone used it??? Or what kind of set ups does anyone have where they have used teh rear deck to house speakers??? any input would be GREAT:crazy:

I enlarged mine to 8" have a Tang Band sub running off a 100 watt Alpine,sounds pretty good,probably not gona do rap but it rocks pretty hard. I think blu-fuz is planning to put 2 8" subs in the back of his car,check his post[ 8" sub]

Theres a hole in the rear deck?? WTF didn't I notice this? And why haven't you a-holes ever mentioned anything about it in the 8 years I've owned this car?

i put a 6" tang band sub in there and then mounted my amp right next to it... it is nice and hidden but sounds good!!! just put some sound deadening on the deck.. would recommend doing it!!

I enlarged mine to 8" have a Tang Band sub running off a 100 watt Alpine,sounds pretty good,probably not gona do rap but it rocks pretty hard. I think blu-fuz is planning to put 2 8" subs in the back of his car,check his post[ 8" sub]

got a picture?

Tell me your kidding...btw you going to sz, if so maybe we can contouravan.

given the amount of posts in the a/v section...i think he may be kidding :laugh:

Yes, complete sarcasm. :laugh: I think I may be up for SZ this year since I am back in MI. I haven't attended since '02. My SVT isn't anything special except for the audio. Hopefully I can fix my dash warp before then so it at least looks presentable.

Back