• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

JL 10w3 VS. Xplod 12

gomach1

Veteran CEG'er
what do you guys think will sound better. Both will be pushed with the same amp: Sony Xplod 800w 2ch

right now i have the 12" Xplod its the red one if that means anything, i got it for free and it sounds alrigh... but ive always been a fan of JLs stuff.
how do you think itll compare, the 10w3 is in a JL pro wedge box and what i have now is in a ported box from a local stereo store...

Thanks!

yeah the jl would sound better but i dont know by how much... from my experience with selling sony products and installing them (they suck in general) but they sound alright when they are hooked together...

what i mean is i dont think there will be enough of a noticeable difference with the new sub because you're using the same amp. i could be wrong though so lets see what people have to say about my thoughts...

IMO, not even close. My first sub I ever bought wass a JL 10". Sounded great, even after being in 3 different cars (1 a convertable), lasted almost 9 years. The surround finally dry-rotted, but def. worth the extra $$$.

I hope the JL is an SVC4 or DVC2. I assume you're bridging the amp -- it won't like anything less than 4 ohms.

It would be OK with a dvc 4, just not quite as much power.

JL sucks!!!

I would get a Audiobahn flame series. My buddy has a 10 and its crazy loud. One of the loudest speakers I have ever heard.

Get a audiobahn!

I'm gonna fight you.

Why becuase you like over priced subs? Audiobahn is by far the best bang for the buck and louder than almost any sub out there. Except for the likes of Cerwin-vega Stroker!

Stroker18D2.gif

JL SUCKS!

how does that picture warrant the supposed suckage of JL?

Are you kidding, that's the stroke her. Who doesn't like to stroke her? On a more serious note, I think JL makes quality subs but there certainly are better alternatives for the same money if not less. I just ordered a new Elemental Designs sub myself but it's still in pre-production. ED's been building some unbelievable subs as of late.

You guys and your fancy subs. I think my other setup is using a no-name O2 sub that someone gave me instead of throwing in the trash.

Why becuase you like over priced subs? Audiobahn is by far the best bang for the buck and louder than almost any sub out there. Except for the likes of Cerwin-vega Stroker!

JL SUCKS!

I wasn't being serious, but I am not a fan of audiobahn at all. I've only heard negative testimonies about their products. JL may be overpriced, but hes getting a 10W3 in a HO wedge box for $75. You can't argue with that.

Back