• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for a upgrade

I think, (for me) the reason for the front face USB is to have it connect to my Cell phone, to play the music stored on it (4gig worth) and use the usb to charge the phone too. Having my phone in the glove box doesn't work for me. :shrug:

Different People Different preferences...

If I was going to only use the USB for a media storage device, I would agree with the glove box theory. Since it would stay in the car full time I would not want to leave something for the knuckle heads to steal in the open.:cool:

DO NOT BUY DUAL...

along with csvt_2004 i was an installer at best buy for a little over two years.

they are trash and im being generous.

As far as that unit goes that you're talking about that has built in bluetooth and hd radio all for under 200? im not saying that it isnt possible im just weary of all of that built in for that price so just make sure you check that it doesnt say "hd radio ready" or "bluetooth ready/capable"

As far as that unit goes that you're talking about that has built in bluetooth and hd radio all for under 200? im not saying that it isnt possible im just weary of all of that built in for that price so just make sure you check that it doesnt say "hd radio ready" or "bluetooth ready/capable"

I searched for bluetooth devices on my phone, and it came up with the cd player..but idk if its been set up or what. It looks like a pretty stable model, but I might have to get the model number again (deleted it off phone :S) and look it up online.

I really don't care if it has the extra stuff, im just looking for something that has mp3 hookup along with usb..since thats what i will be using.

I think, (for me) the reason for the front face USB is to have it connect to my Cell phone, to play the music stored on it (4gig worth) and use the usb to charge the phone too. Having my phone in the glove box doesn't work for me. :shrug:

what I'm saying is that you can run an extension cable anywhere in your car for a cleaner look.

DO NOT BUY DUAL...

along with csvt_2004 i was an installer at best buy for a little over two years.

they are trash and im being generous.

I already own it and have it installed. The HD radio works great (I recommend that you live in an area that has stations that support it) The transition from analog to Digital is seamless and is a big bonus when a station has sub stations that have no commercial (SWEET!) The Built-in blue tooth has work flawlessly (with my Blackjack II), But the biggest asset to me is the source level input, this function allows you to adjust all of your devices/sources to play back at the same or whatever level you like (no need to turn up the radio after playing the CD or Masstorage MP3). :cool:

I already own it and have it installed. The HD radio works great (I recommend that you live in an area that has stations that support it) The transition from analog to Digital is seamless and is a big bonus when a station has sub stations that have no commercial (SWEET!) The Built-in blue tooth has work flawlessly (with my Blackjack II), But the biggest asset to me is the source level input, this function allows you to adjust all of your devices/sources to play back at the same or whatever level you like (no need to turn up the radio after playing the CD or Masstorage MP3). :cool:

Sweet feature that not many people take advantage of when they do have it... average car audio users, just want car audio... not really caring about the rest... sadly enough..

+1

I also like the radio tuner HD only seek mode option. I get a bunch of HD stations so don't even want analog stations to pop up. Has preamp out RCA's on back, easy for sub and/or amp hookup later. Has a plug to interface with steering wheel controls if it outlives my Contour. Also a 3-year extended warranty can be had for an extra $16 only.

Downside, I wish the display color was adjustable like some are to match my dash and no speed sensitive volume. I really like that feature, especially for noisier cars like ours.

Just like anything, you can ONLY pick two: 1. Quality, 2. Cheap, 3. Features

I went for 1. and 3.

YMMV

You can't go wrong with the Pioneers, but the more I get to listen to this HU and all its bells and whistle. I feel its worth a mention Dual XHD 7714

xhd7714boxda3.jpg

They stopped making the one i wanted to buy oh so bad, so i actually bought this one. Also got a year warranty just in case ^.^ Going to get it hooked up today, so ill be posting pictures :)

I say go for what I have in my car. I've installed it (personally) in two of my cars, coming from knowing nothing and it still hasn't broken. I got this headunit maybe two years ago and not a single problem.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020D78...ion+VENDORID020&searchdisplay=Clarion&tp=5684
That guy is hideous. and it was above my spending limit.

Back