• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Sub/Box

Dwreck

CEG'er
So I purchased the sub(Diamond D1) and Diamond amp back before Thanksgiving from a member on here. Actually I had my mother purchase it for me as a Christmas present, which seemed like a good idea at the time, however, that meant waiting until after Christmas for the install. So I talked to my buddy who builds SPL competition boxes and told him I wanted something ported and didn't want to take up more than half of the trunk and this is what he built...

As of now, the amp is just laying in the trunk because I didn't have time to do anything with it. I plan on relocating it to the rear window deck as soon as I get a chance. So what do you think?

Attachments

• 0117091726.jpg
    0117091726.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 0117091726a.jpg
    0117091726a.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 0
Don't put the amp on the rear deck. That just invites people to smash your back window. Sub looks good. :laugh:

Yeah I didn't really take that into consideration. Perhaps I should go another route and just build an amp rack. Either way I need to be getting some Dynamat or similar material.

No, it is a 12", but it is still a big box. I can't remember what type it is exactly, but I believe it has some sort of baffle in it. The box sits between the wheel wells leaving four or five inches on each side.

Back