• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Upgrade

Recoveryone

Veteran CEG'er
I finally stepped into the 2k with this upgrade of my HU...I was never a fan of this brand, but it has all the bells and whistle that I was looking for.

xhd7714boxda3.jpg

xhd7714ayo8.jpg

xhd7714closenk5.jpg

How much you pay and where you get?

Dual XHD 7714
I saw it for $140 at Wal-mart
And I saw it listed for $199 on crutchfield, I pick it up on line from a placed called Mcall's for $135.

The HD radio is real nice and I like the USB and AUX on the front face. I was looking at some of the Pioneer's 4000/5000 model, but the USB connection is in the rear. The built-in bluetooth was the big selling point for me.

Once i get my car fixed, im going to be looking for one. It will have to have a USB port along with mp3 capability. So ill have to check into this one ^.^

Very nice. Lots a features for not a lot of dough.

I just got the Pioneer DEH-P5000UB and the USB connection is on the back but they include a cable for it. The end of mine is sitting in my glovebox waiting for some music on a flash drive.

Nice looking HU. My dad has one with similar features made by Sony in his firebird.

I just picked up a 72 VW Beetle that had a Dual HU in it. I swapped it out for my daughter's Blaupunkt, as she is more used to it. Not sure how good Dual is?

I just picked up a 72 VW Beetle that had a Dual HU in it. I swapped it out for my daughter's Blaupunkt, as she is more used to it. Not sure how good Dual is?

If it was that old, you did the right thing. Dual use to be a stock radio HU for many vehicles back in the 60's and 70's along with Delco. I guess they are making a come back now days. Most of their stuff I seen are low-mid range products that you can get at Pep Boys. I did a lot of searching and researching about this HU and only found positive comments on it. The only drawback was the screen resolution in bright daylight hours.

If it was that old, you did the right thing. Dual use to be a stock radio HU for many vehicles back in the 60's and 70's along with Delco. I guess they are making a come back now days. Most of their stuff I seen are low-mid range products that you can get at Pep Boys. I did a lot of searching and researching about this HU and only found positive comments on it. The only drawback was the screen resolution in bright daylight hours.

LOL, no it was not a STOCK Dual HU, it was an aftermarket one installed by the previous owner. But I'm still glad I replaced it.:laugh:

Dual used to make fairly high end turntables and other home electronics in the 70's. A korean company, called Namsung bought the name and is marketing in the US under the name Dual. It's cheap korean made, but they do have more features at lower price points.

Reliability will be an issue. I used to work in the CarFi section of Bestbuy and we always had duals coming back with problems. Whenever someone was looking at Dual I always convinced them to buy the service plan which usually worked out in their favor.

I feel ya Brent, I would not recommend this unit to a person that uses their system heavly. At my age and closeness to my work I spend about 90 min a week in my car,I barely get to hear 3-5 songs on my daily commute when I do drive my own car. I spend more time in a city vehicle than I do my own. I hadmy eye on the Pioneer that Jerk brought, but again the built-in blue tooth was the deal maker for me.

Back