• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Infinity Basslink users?

biminiLX

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey guys I just picked up a nearly new Infinity Basslink 2 with the optional 4-channel amp. I took it in trade for some Mustang stuff and got it for a great deal so even if I don't like it I won't be upset.
Anyone use this in their Contour or have any reviews?
Not looking for huge bass, just a nice overall system that at least keeps up with the wife's factory Bose in her Maxima.
My brother will be handling the install---he's an experienced car audio installer but has been out of the game for the last 5 years and has not heard this Basslink set-up.
My car has the factory audio system and I plan on upgrading it this spring with a basic HU and upgraded door speakers in addition to the Basslink.
Any install tips or recommendations on nice door speakers?
-J

I think it was talked about before ans not to many around here cared for it. So I am not sure. I thought it was a nice packaging to put everything together in a small space.

Just found 2 posts on a search, not too much great detail but the online reviews are good.
Sounds like a nice addition for bass if you don't want to rattle the windows--exactly what I want.
-J

I had this setup...

carpics5.jpg

and hated it. I had the basslink II I got directly from Infinity through an accomodation through my work and got it real cheap and was terribly upset when I installed it so I returned it. I had a 4 channel amp as well (mounted under the rear deck) which is more powerful than the one that the basslink comes with so it really droned out the bass so if you don't need too much bass I think the 4 channel would work perfectly with the basslinkII.

What type of music you going to listen to? This sub doesn't produce lows very well and it seemed to distort quite a bit at high volumes (or that is what I noticed at least), but I never listened to any type of rock at all only rap...

Yep, thats the same one.
Much more rock, only some rap (the good old stuff).
When my brother did car stereo stuff I had a single 12 in my Mustang hatch and it was LOUD, I definitely don't need that, maybe just a little more than a factory Bose (I think its a 6 or 8" in the rear deck) I mentioned above.
-J

Back