• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Audio problem.

Could you tell me what to do to make it play?

I have formated it, replacing all the data...but that doesnt seem to help.

Suggestions?

Thanks for what? ha
becuase I'am still rockin the oem premium sound cd player with no plan to change it and if I can get one of those transmitters that would :cool: I've never seen one where did you get it:shrug:

becuase I'am still rockin the oem premium sound cd player with no plan to change it and if I can get one of those transmitters that would :cool: I've never seen one where did you get it:shrug:

I went to walmart back in the audio department next to all the HU's and there was some back there. Mine is made by scosche and was 30$..it works perfectly besides the flash drive that i cant figure out.

I'm ASSuming that you read the manual that was presented with this FM Modulator and read the section about its features (the USB slot) and which formats, and how to get it set up, etc.. I'm ASSuming you did that, right?

I'm ASSuming that you read the manual that was presented with this FM Modulator and read the section about its features (the USB slot) and which formats, and how to get it set up, etc.. I'm ASSuming you did that, right?

Of course i did!

Ill even put the steps on here for you to enjoy!!

1) Plug in the FMTD5 (fm transmitter) into your cig lighter or 12v power socket
2) Tune your radio to a desired FM frequency, then match that same frequency to the FMTD5 by using the buttons on the unit, or on the remote(see overview) HINT: Tune to a frequency with no station for best sound quality results.
3) Insert your USB Flash Drive into the USB slot on the FMTD5(see figure 1)
4)The FMTD5 will display the USB icon on the top left corner of the LCD to confirm the USB flash drive has been loaded properly (see overview)
5)Press play on the FMTD5 or remote control and being listening to your music through your car stereo. Enjoy!

The overview says this :
The scosche FMTD5 Digital FM Transmitter gives you more ways than one to listen to your favorite music through your cars FM reciever. You have the capability to listen to the audio files (mp3) from a portable USB 2.0 flash drive or you can listen to your mp3 player through the auxillary imput.

I do have a flash drive that is a 2.0, and the steps for getting it to work i do correctly. The song comes up on the display and all, the sound is tuned in fine, but nothing comes out.

The file system on my flash drive says that it is a File System: Fat32

I just sent an email to the company, hoping to receive something back within a day or so.. :)

Just a guess but are your MP3 files out in the open on the flash drive or do you have them in a folder? Maybe it can't find them inside a folder:shrug:

They are out in the open..there are no folders in my flash drive.

The screen on the transmitter reads everything fine..just no sound from it :S

sounds more like a "real" problem and not just a set up problem.. If you are getting the titles on the DISPLAY of the songs, then... hell.. its seeing them.. is it showing (by any chance) a TIME display of how far in to a song it is? ie: Can you PROVE that it is actually playing and not just sitting at the beginning of a song?

Also, if it IS playing (you can see a progress bar moving, or time, etc) then what are the bitrates of your MP3's? perhaps too high for a low quality player? I dunno.. shooting in the wind, here.

The times for the song go on..i even left the transmitter set there, changing songs as it goes bye.

What do you mean by the second option?

Its not a huge problem..was just wondering why i had no sound while it was playing :S

how is this a troubleshooting problem for a contour? sounds like its an issue with something else.....

Sorry, wasn't exactly sure on where to put it and i was getting alot of responses so.

Thank-you for moving it :)

I would say you have a defective one... go to customer service and tell them the USB part doesn't work and you would like an exchange.

------------------------

I bought one of these here:

http://www.davismicro.com/products/product_1206.htm

Mine is a bit different than that, but I bet the internals are the same.

It works PERFECT for what I want, which is for it to play stuff off my USB drive, and since I had a Micro SD card lying around, I decided to load up music on that, throw it in the SD adaptor, and put it in there. It also has a 2.5mm jack with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor cable and a remote (bein LAZY FTW!)

It reads through one level of folders. I have a different folder for each artist, and put the songs I like in there. No issues with anything...

Will be pretty great for rental cars ;)

Thanks to everyone that helped. I actually found the problem, and i was so idiotic for not noticing it before.

You see, the transmitter has a jack to where you can put a ipod cable(mp3) and then attach it to your mp3 player via the headphone jack. I had the cable still attached to the transmitter, but with no mp3 player attached to it..so i thought it was fine. I get out in my car today..pull out the cable and put in the usb...and it plays! i still cant believe i was that idiotic..

Ahh.. yeah.. line input muted your other input methods.

glad you resolved it.

Back