• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Sub

FFE

Veteran CEG'er
Just picked up a Boston SPG555 from my friend again. He is in the middle of what he calls a stereo upgrade, He's changing everything over to JL, wish I had his money. Well anyway 250 dollars later and a couple days I will have spg555 (waiting to have it removed from the ported encloser, I perfered sealed.). I'll have Pictures up later.

Now what should I look into for speakers. The amp I'm useing for speakers is a Boston GT-42 rated 4x75w @ (4-ohms).

That appears to be a great sub. I haven't personally heard this particular sub but the specs look good and Boston tends to make great products. It seems you're well on your way to designing a very nice setup. When it comes to speakers, there are literally endless options. One important thing to consider... Are you looking for something to drop right in or are you ok with installing some components. Either way you can buy something that's already packaged and complete. On the other hand, if you're considering components you might want to think about going custom. Many audiophiles would suggest that's the way to go. What kind of budget do you have for the front stage? Unless you're worried about people in the back seat having sound, you might want to consider only having a front stage. If you decide you want to go with a set of custom components, the options are endless and I'm sure a few guys on here can chime in with some recommendations. I've posted a link below to a set of Peerless 6" mids that I recently picked up. PE has them on a buyout sale right now at a very cheap price. These were originally made for M&K which made phenomenal home speakers for many years. I'm using M&K in my house which I really like and that's what made me pick them up. I haven't installed them yet but I'm expecting good SQ from them. I still have to find the tweeters and crossovers I'm looking for. I've also used a set of 7" Vifa PL series mids in the past and those were very nice. If you post back with some further details as to what you're looking to do, I'll see if I can come up with some recommendations.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=299-426&ctab=14#Tabs

Well I know that I'm looking for a component set for sure up front. Wether it is a all inbox solution on buying seperate parts, has yet to be seen. As for the rear , I think a mid price range 6X8 would work fine. I'm more worried about the front sound stage since passengers are few and far between.

Pictures as promised

Pictures as promised

spg555_1.JPG

spg555_2.JPG

spg555_3.JPG

Back