• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

best Speaker size

Better tell owners of KEF, IMF, and Radford (among others) that round speakers are inherently superior. In a good driver, the shape is inconsequential within reason.

Bob, I've heard many cars with drivers down by the feat and as good as some car audio sounds, the environment is far too compromised to compare to an equally well thought out home audio system. (I've heard 6-8 world champion level cars and played around in the car audio game for the better part of a decade, so I'm certainly not ignorant on the matter). What you and others have managed to get out of a car environment is remarkable, but it's so far from an ideal acoustical environment that it will always be limited.

Better tell owners of KEF, IMF, and Radford (among others) that round speakers are inherently superior. In a good driver, the shape is inconsequential within reason.

yeah, i was going to say, there's a few high quality oval drivers that sound as good as their round counterparts. but there's a lot more high-end round drivers than oval.

yeah, i was going to say, there's a few high quality oval drivers that sound as good as their round counterparts. but there's a lot more high-end round drivers than oval.

I agree with Dave on this one.

As an update, the speakers have fully been installed, there is SO much adjustment I can do with these speakers, but now im finding the amplifier that came with my my headunit is a little to limpwristed to power these speakers efficiently.

So I decided its time to get a capacitor and build an amp rack in the trunk, I plan to do a PPi Amp to the Boston Acoustic speakers, and power just the rear door Kenwood 2 way speakers with the Built in Pioneer amplifier. My thoughts is running the PPi amp on the Boston Acoustics is going to allow me to for one get a lot more power to them, but for two also allow me to tune out the front door speakers better, as it stands right now I have WAY to much treble to the point where "S's" in music are getting too drawn out.

More tuning is required I suppose, but these speakers do sound fantasic compared to what I had in there. Oh and I almost forgot, I also have to address all of the rattleing put off by having a Loud stereo; like rear deck cover (where the 3rd brake light is), that thing rattles like a MOFO. This summer I probably will tear everything apart again and do some insulating.

As an update, the speakers have fully been installed, there is SO much adjustment I can do with these speakers, but now im finding the amplifier that came with my my headunit is a little to limpwristed to power these speakers efficiently.

So I decided its time to get a capacitor and build an amp rack in the trunk, I plan to do a PPi Amp to the Boston Acoustic speakers, and power just the rear door Kenwood 2 way speakers with the Built in Pioneer amplifier. My thoughts is running the PPi amp on the Boston Acoustics is going to allow me to for one get a lot more power to them, but for two also allow me to tune out the front door speakers better, as it stands right now I have WAY to much treble to the point where "S's" in music are getting too drawn out.

More tuning is required I suppose, but these speakers do sound fantasic compared to what I had in there. Oh and I almost forgot, I also have to address all of the rattleing put off by having a Loud stereo; like rear deck cover (where the 3rd brake light is), that thing rattles like a MOFO. This summer I probably will tear everything apart again and do some insulating.

I had the same problem with my older pioneer headunits with the S's sounding like that. With my newer 7800, it doesn't do it. And for the love of God, don't get a capacitor

X2! don't get a cap. If needed spend the money on a yellow top optima. Costco/Priceclub has them for $169 in AZ.

For sound adjustment (treble, mid, bass) the amp won't do squat, it only cuts off above/below the frequency you set, not reduce a certain frequency. You should upgrade the deck to something with more adjustment. elraido has a good one (pioneer 7800/780), another is the same deck but with Bluetooth (Pioneer 9800/980), which is what I have.

Both have adjustment for; slope, frequency, and level for front AND rear AND sub. Both have a 13 band EQ, auto time alignment and auto EQ. You may still need an amp to increase the volume from the front speakers, but the rears will be just fine off the deck (as they will no be as loud).

Good luck!

I figured that out, and it turned out I missed a whole set of adjustments on my new cd player, im back in the playing field

Back