• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

show quality system in trunk

svt1480

CEG'er
its stained to match the interior..
popped the trunk
amp.jpg

behind the seats
type-es.jpg

so what do you think??

What you showed looks pretty good. There is a little bit of loose material on the floor below the subs, and the baffle the subs are mounted too looks a little bumpy, but otherwise it looks clean. You must have a very small enclosure for those subs.

Any pics of the rest of the system?

More importantly, how does it sound?

Not my personal taste, i would be too afraid of the heat build up behind the seats. Looks good overall though.

I like it all except for the type E's (just the fact that they are the Alpine bargin bin sub and I am an Alpine man as you can tell from the sig)

It looks like your false floor is pretty high and you used that for your amp recess rather than your spare tire well. So do you still have a spare under there?

I like it all except for the type E's

Quantum Field Theory??? Did you mean Cuft? or Ft3? the specs are about 0.05 cuft different between the type E and the type S. And only 0.10 between the type E and the type R. All I'm saying is that for just a few $$ more you can get a much nicer speaker.

Either way, if the box is built right and to spec it will sound great.

A little bit of finishing on some of the loose stuff like SQ said. Looks pretty nice, what is the yellow stuff off to the left in trunk? Storage?

i got 6x9s in back an 5x7s in front. it sounds great. it coulc sound better with type-r's we all know that. i mean come on thats a given :nonono:lol... but yea there is a spare still. an the system was built for surround sound an bass. not looking to raddle my brain.:crazy: if i was gonna do that i wouldnt go with 2 12s. i'd get a 15.. you kno lol... but yea i took my system an switched the system around an faced the subs backwards. so no heading up:eek: that way i get more vibration.

an for the loose stuff below the subs thats to cover the bare metal. next time think about it first. k:cool:

A little bit of finishing on some of the loose stuff like SQ said. Looks pretty nice, what is the yellow stuff off to the left in trunk? Storage?

its a spot for a battery for the system for the future. i just put my tire cleaner an wheel cleaner in there for now:cool:

Back