• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

factory speaker sizes

You what maybe i have 6x8...not really sure and they are with 2 screws!

The holes don't match,that's why u can fit only 2 screws without drilling again!

U can put 6x9,but only with 2 screws!

It is not a big deal,anyway!

It's a bit deal if you like you're speakers to sound like ass....

The holes don't match,that's why u can fit only 2 screws without drilling again!

You can add more screws, all you have to do is push hard with a cordless drill, and eventually they'll catch... but you should cut the holes bigger before that if you have the room...

The screws for the speakers are self tappers, and will just zip right in making a new hole ....>>> just like that

FYI some of the later models (2000) had 3 screw stock speakers.

I dunno about the stock speakers being 5x7s...

I guess the stock ones could be 5x7s, but the mounting holes definitely are not for 5x7s. I acquired some 5x7 Pioneers from a friend, and the mounting holes are too close together.

You will need either a 6x8 or a universal 5x7/6x8...

Let me reassure you all about the stock speaker size. I happen to have several laying around, and according to my trusty o'l carpenter tape they are indeed 5x7's. Of course I am just a 34 yr apprentice now and my glasses were a bit dirty, so I could be wrong. LOL wouldn't be the first time LOL

Just remember with a pair of tin snips, and a pair of pliers the hole can be adjusted to about whatever you'd like....... :laugh:

regards,
AF

Back