• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Immobilizer Bypass

showngo

CEG'er
Ok, so I've got a PKF1 for my 99 Contour from http://bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=PKF1

I have hooked it up as follows:

On Module On Car
TX: White/Green

RX: Gray/Orange

GND: Black/Green

IGN 12V: Green/Black

When I "program the module", with my PATS key, then use my non-PATS key to start the car, it works fine. Then, I'll turn the car off, and wait until the PATS system is activated and try it again. Only this time, my non-PATS key will not work, unless I reprogram the module again.

It's as if the PKF1 module is not saving the correct information from the PATS key when the system is disengaged.

Any suggestions?

doesn't it work just as easy to simply attach a sawed off key inside the column next to the PATS ignition halo?

Last edited:
Ok, so I've got a PKF1 for my 99 Contour from http://bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=PKF1

I have hooked it up as follows:

On Module On Car
TX: White/Green

RX: Gray/Orange

GND: Black/Green

IGN 12V: Green/Black

When I "program the module", with my PATS key, then use my non-PATS key to start the car, it works fine. Then, I'll turn the car off, and wait until the PATS system is activated and try it again. Only this time, my non-PATS key will not work, unless I reprogram the module again.

It's as if the PKF1 module is not saving the correct information from the PATS key when the system is disengaged.

Any suggestions?

These systems are usually designed to work with remote starts, you need to make sure the system is turning back on when the key is in the ignition, also... I used the directed 1100F on mine, which does data programming, They detailed out that the TX was white/light green and RX was gray/orange, I spent about 20 minutes on X-mas eve last year trying to program my key and it wouldn't take, and wouldn't take, and wouldn't take, for the sake of seeing if the new tech briefing on the wiring was right, I snipped my TX an RX wires, swapped them around quick and tried again... programmed just fine... That was on a 99 SVT Contour BTW.

The instructions for the PKF1 really aren't that great... well I guess... make sure your ignition and ground are hooked up (red and black) which I believe those wire can be found at the PATS plug where you attached your TX and RX. Then you need to have a negative input from the remote start system you're using.... generally the PKF1 only activates when the remote start unit is activiated, if you're programming it with a PATS key then trying to start it with a non-pats key, it's not going to work because the system still will act like factory.... So it's like not having that in there when you try to use the non-pats key.... I don't like the programming procedure on this... basically it looks like any time you put a PATS key in it "programs" that key... My 1100F at least had a button I had to push to put it in programming mode... I suppose you could rig a relay up on the brown wire of the PKF1 if you don't have a remote start systems and you're trying to get a Non-pats key to work with your car.... l just went out and tried mine, and it did the same thing yours did, I remote started, put the non-pats key in, turned the ignition to on, and it was good, turned it off, and tried starting it with the non-pats key, and it did, then I turned it off and waited a bit, and it freaked out when I tried using the non-pats key again.... So like I said, the system resets back to factory style when the PATS kicks back in so to say.... Not really sure what you're trying to do here though, are you trying to get remote start to work, or just a non-pats key to work for starting your car....

These systems are usually designed to work with remote starts, you need to make sure the system is turning back on when the key is in the ignition, also... I used the directed 1100F on mine, which does data programming, They detailed out that the TX was white/light green and RX was gray/orange, I spent about 20 minutes on X-mas eve last year trying to program my key and it wouldn't take, and wouldn't take, and wouldn't take, for the sake of seeing if the new tech briefing on the wiring was right, I snipped my TX an RX wires, swapped them around quick and tried again... programmed just fine... That was on a 99 SVT Contour BTW.

The instructions for the PKF1 really aren't that great... well I guess... make sure your ignition and ground are hooked up (red and black) which I believe those wire can be found at the PATS plug where you attached your TX and RX. Then you need to have a negative input from the remote start system you're using.... generally the PKF1 only activates when the remote start unit is activiated, if you're programming it with a PATS key then trying to start it with a non-pats key, it's not going to work because the system still will act like factory.... So it's like not having that in there when you try to use the non-pats key.... I don't like the programming procedure on this... basically it looks like any time you put a PATS key in it "programs" that key... My 1100F at least had a button I had to push to put it in programming mode... I suppose you could rig a relay up on the brown wire of the PKF1 if you don't have a remote start systems and you're trying to get a Non-pats key to work with your car.... l just went out and tried mine, and it did the same thing yours did, I remote started, put the non-pats key in, turned the ignition to on, and it was good, turned it off, and tried starting it with the non-pats key, and it did, then I turned it off and waited a bit, and it freaked out when I tried using the non-pats key again.... So like I said, the system resets back to factory style when the PATS kicks back in so to say.... Not really sure what you're trying to do here though, are you trying to get remote start to work, or just a non-pats key to work for starting your car....

I emailed the manufacturer, and they answered my question (as did you).

I hooked this up and without having the remote start on the car yet, wanted to check and see if it worked correctly. It does, but just not like I figured. Thanks for the help.

Hello CarpePoon!

Have you actually tried sawing the PATS part off a key and sticking it inside the steering column?
I want to do this on my Mazda MPV, but I'm hesitant about f-ing with the key in any way, for fear of disabling my only transponder key.
I HAVE tried holding the Xponder key next to the switch while using a plain key to turn the switch, and all was groovy. Now I'd like to make it more permanent, but that key is kind of big and awkward to tape in place as-is. I'm just looking for a little reassurance before I cut it up.

Back