• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DB measure I hit with 15 L7's

contourdude

New CEG'er
I have a pair of 15 kicker l7's in sealed boxes ran off of a kicker 1200.1 amp. I hit 140.3 DB. Its okay I guess, I know i could have pushed it harder and I just got the instal done like an hour before I got it tested. Does that sound about right?? Thanks.

Also, where was the mic/sensor placed - on the dash, on the driver's seat, somewhere else? Doors/windows open or all closed up? That also makes a big difference as to what numbers to expect.

Was it at a sanctioned event? if so, what organization?

I just went down to Elite Audio and gave them fifteen bucks. It wasn't a comptetition or anything. I tried it with windows up and down, and the mic was on the passenger seat floor.

Dude... I hit 135dB with three 12" Sony Xplodes on a POS amp.

I don't know HOW much difference mic placement makes, but mine was on the passenger side dash (where I know it "sounds" louder to me)

Mic placement is huge, also if it "weighted or not", windows up and down big diff, also which mic was used?

I hit 12 BD higher with twice as much woofer and 3 times the power, so that sounds about right.

how big is your box? for 4 15s it sounds a lil low to me atleast.... is that on a termlab mic??

as for the ebay mic it looks kinda convincing.......

not a huge fan of Kicker products myself but im sure if you got rid of that sealed box and built yourself a nice vented box to spec it would really wake up....prolly get you into the mid 140s with a termlab mic

Back