• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Amp for 13 W7

contourdude

New CEG'er
What is a good amp (besides jl 1000.1) for a w7. Could an mrv 1507 take the 3 ohm load instead of its rated 4 ohms? I am asking for a friend and any help would be nice. Oh. We would like to keep the price under 300! Thanks

why buy a 700 dollar sub, which is less important then the amp, and only want to spend 300 on the amplifier?! Maybe I shouldn't say less important, but the amp is jsut as important!

lol... I know it is dumb, but it isn't my choice...lol.... Could an mrv 1507 take the 3 ohm load??? I have had a couple of those amps before and they have been awesome. I just dont want him to buy it and have it blow right away. I am sure if there was an amazing amp for 400 he could buy it.

The quality of the parts in the ED NINe.1 is not the best quality, they don't hold up nearly as well as the R/F t10001BD Amp, but you get what you pay for and to each their own.

a

a

the main problem with the 1000.1bd is that the power supplies are only rated at an 8 gauge input, therefore you are constantly battling power supply failures. I have seen many amplifiers such as these come back to my store with this problem. If you are looking for a good amp to power this sub i might suggest an alpine pdx 1000.1. Even though the amp is only 2 ohm stable as rated from the factory, we have used them countless times in a 1 ohm atmosphere with no problems but you need to realize that the sub isn't 1 ohm stable it is 1 1/2 ohm stable.

The quality of the parts in the ED NINe.1 is not the best quality, they don't hold up nearly as well as the R/F t10001BD Amp, but you get what you pay for and to each their own.

:rolleyes: Thats about all I say to that

Pretty soon you're gonna be saying that Audiobahn is the way to go.

My Nine.1 has been pushing 1ohm for over 3 years. You do get what you pay for.

Great amp, great power, great price with a 3 year warranty.

Even though the amp is only 2 ohm stable as rated from the factory, we have used them countless times in a 1 ohm atmosphere with no problems but you need to realize that the sub isn't 1 ohm stable it is 1 1/2 ohm stable.

W7's run on 3 ohm loads and it is only single voice coil so there is no way to wire the resistance down.

I run my 8W7 off a JL 500/1 and my 12W7 runs off a Directed 1100d, a W7 doesn't have to have a crazy amount of power going to it.

Last edited:
so what the ED amp at 3 ohms would put out what 600-700?

at 2 its puts out 900?

Thats a sweet lookin amp tho....4 fricken fuses...nice (what are the green fuse ones 30amps?) Thats alot of adjustments for a mono amp lol. Id get one for surezies.

the 13w7 is a dual voice coil sub, so there for it can be broken down into a 1.5 ohm load which is what the 1000/1 is meant for. the jl 1000/1 is a thousand watts at 1.5 ohm and a thousand watts at 2 ohms. i was stating that you can run the pdx amplifier on this sub and will get great results. however i would not suggest running this subwoofer under powered because of the problems that jl has with the spiders separating because of under powering. if you are looking at an inexpensive amp i would check the new diamond d3 1000.1 and the diamond d6 1200.1 both of which will give you great power as well as a 3 year warranty.

W7's run on 3 ohm loads and it is only single voice coil so there is no way to wire the resistance down.

the 8, 10, and 12 inch w7 are all single voice coil. however the 13w7 is a dual voice coil sub with 8 gauge tinsel leads going to each connection on the woofer.

Back