• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally! No more stockness.

you need to read some articles on tweeter palcement, i dont know why so many people put them up there, they sound best when they are next to the woofer... if you want them to sound even better, cut a hole in the door panel, and mount the tweeter next to the woofer!

You'll find alot of SQ competition vehicles have the tweeters pillar mounted and the rest of the front stage mounted in kickpanels.

My own system uses pillar mounted tweeters, with kickpanels for the rest of the front end.

As the drivers move into the kickpanels the signal length on either side is extended, meaning the speakers are closer to be the same distance from your ears. If you could put a seat in the middle of you car, the door locations would be fine but that's not and option unless you want an e-brake in your ass.

You'll find alot of SQ competition vehicles have the tweeters pillar mounted and the rest of the front stage mounted in kickpanels.

I mentioned how the a-pillar tweeters are used by SQ competitors in my dissertation... they only play very high frequencies (above 8kHz) to give some sonic cues. 95% of competitors with a-pillar tweets will have another set playing more conventionally from around 3.0 or 3.5kHz (or use HLCD's playing even lower than that) located near the midrange driver.

Yeah I hadn't read up to your post before I replied.

My setup is similar to yours as I have my BG Neo8 transducers down low playing 600Hz up to 8Khz, with the midbass covering from 60Hz to 600Hz. In my kicks the transducer was mounted directly in line with the midbass.

Back