• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

JVC EXAD KD-AVX2 dvd player brake bypass

s.rich06

CEG'er
Does anyone know where i can get a tip or code or whatever to have the dvd player work while the parking brake is disengaged. Or can someone help me through it.

Usually it involves connecting the parking brake wire from the deck straight to ground. The install manual says to connect it to the parking brake wire so that when the brake is engaged the circuit will close and ground that wire.

I just bypassed the parking brake part when I put my JVC touchscreen in my new Explorer. Works like a champ.

Caveat: it is illegal to have moving pictures or video playing within sight of the driver in the state of Illinois (and in most if not all other states) so I do advise against it. (i.e., do as I say, not as I did. :blackeye: :laugh: )

Last edited:
I heard taking it to a ground or a cont. hot didnt work. Im not gonna use it while im driving it's just the point. When have a dvd player if i cant use it. You have any more ideas. I will probably mess wit that either tomorrow or thursday.

Like stated before, usually you have to go to ground with a switch, that way at least you can flip it off if you get pulled over and say that you weren't watching because the e-brake is not on.... then of course you'd have to probably demonstrate it to them... but w/e.... Personally on my vehicle if I was doing that I'd wire it to the e-brake, but put an override on it so I could still run the movie without engaging the e-brake... but that's just me.... Also like stated previously... it's illegal for drivers to be in view of mobile video, that's why overheads have to be mounted out of the peripheral vision of the driver... etc. etc...

Sorry to be repetitive...

I was wreckin a jensen in BB, and it looked like it had a seperate screen you can go to, to disable "video off".

I cant remeber the combo to get in but maybe yours does have a diag screen. like vol vol up down left right start n stuff....

I was wreckin a jensen in BB, and it looked like it had a seperate screen you can go to, to disable "video off".

I cant remeber the combo to get in but maybe yours does have a diag screen. like vol vol up down left right start n stuff....

I'd have to check tech tips... I know the AVIC's you can lock the CD/DVD's in the unit so they can't be stolen... but I'd have to check for the Jensen, We don't sell them so I don't deal with them too often, now and an then though customers will buy them and bring them to us to have installed.... Not a bad unit...

Back