• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Speaker Opinions

Speaker Opinions

• Infinity Reference 6812cf

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Pioneer TS-G6841R

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Polk Audio db 570

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

LilCe98

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok i'm in the market for a new set of speakers and i'm not sure what to get. I know a few people on here have said that the Pioneers are very good for the money, but Crutchfield now have the Infinity Reference 6812cf, Pioneer TS-G6841R, and the Polk Audio db 570 for the same price($59.99). Which ones would you get?

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot to mention I'm running a Pioneer DEH 6800MP deck, a Crossfire bmp60.2 amp and 1 10" infinity Sub if that helps anyone.

Last edited:
I have the Pioneers in my rear doors, and the Polks in my front. They are getting about 50 wrms from my Orion amp. They both sound good, but the Polk's are definately better. I can't comment on the Infinitys, as I have not owned them.

I've got the polks in all 4 doors, I think they sound pretty good even without an amp. Got mine on e-bay, a set of 4 for about $145 shipped.

Infinity. g/f has stock infinity in her Dakota, absolutely amazing really.

I have had two sets of infinities. Pioneer are a good cheap speaker. but the infinities sound a LOT better.

if you can afford them get jl audio cs570-i for the fron, and cx570 for the rear

Forget about the rear for now. Invest alittle more for the front, you'll be glad you did. Like others have mentioned, the Infinity Kappas have a very nice sound. I'm currently using a set of Polk Momo 5x7's in my front doors and I've been very happy with them as well. They have some decent midbass and the tweeter has a very subtle sound, not harsh or tinny at all.

I would love to get a set of JBL's or JL's but i'm trying to stay in a certain budget. I'm getting a pair or Kappa's (or at least he thinks they're kappa's) from a friend and those are going in the front. I'm gonna try to swing by best buy and listen to some infinity's tomorrow.

I managed to blow 2 sets of Kappa's. The adjustable tweeter would blow off after a few months, so I would stay away from Infinity's. I just picked up the pioneers off amazon.com. They're decent and cheap(I think $40 + $8 shipping). I'm pushing 'em W/ JBL 2 x 50W. I guess it all comes down to what you want to spend. Cheap, decent= Pioneer

I managed to blow 2 sets of Kappa's. The adjustable tweeter would blow off after a few months, so I would stay away from Infinity's. I just picked up the pioneers off amazon.com. They're decent and cheap(I think $40 + $8 shipping). I'm pushing 'em W/ JBL 2 x 50W. I guess it all comes down to what you want to spend. Cheap, decent= Pioneer

Interesting, I've never heard of anyone having any issues with the Kappa's and they can handle some decent power too. It sounds to me like you may have had the settings for your tweeters too high. I would say it could be a defect but if you blew 2 sets, it's unlikely.

Well i was originally going to go with the the Pioneers because they were cheaper, but since they were all the same price on Crutchfield i wanted to see what other people thought. Thats why i made the poll. I'm using Crutchfield because they come with the wiring harness so i won't have to cut any wires.

Hey I gotta keep ya guessin!

:)

Sold the double din today already starting to get the shakes without it in there

Back