• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Forgive me

Ex-Mean'Tour

CEG'er
I'm an audio Noob, completely so be kind.

I have a 1995 Nissan truck and want to upgrade the sound system a little. I don't have tons of time, money or space to play with. I will need to do this myself.

Right now it just has the stock radio/ tape player and 2 door speakers (3 inch Clarion I think).

What should I be looking for? A headunit with CD/ CDR, Mp3, etc. and a aux. for a potential iPod? What kind of wattage? Any inexpensive decent brands I should search for?

What about speakers? Do I have to replace the stockers with the same size? Or can you add larger ones? Additional speakers?

What about sub, if it were a thin one I might be able to fit it under or behind the seat. Is there such a beast?

Any general input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Questions about audio are tough because everyone has a different opinion.

Personally I would get a nice new Eclipse head unit off ebay and find some Diamond audio speakers that fit your doors. I would definitely get a little thin sub that could fit behind your seat and find a quality amp to power it.

Either have a professional install the amp, or make sure you follow all the rules of installation, because it will definitely make a difference in the end.

A good audio resource would be www.crutchfield.com, you can enter in what kind of vehicle you have, and it will tell you what fits. I'm sure you can upgrade the 3" speakers, crutchfield can confirm. Most headunits are going to be somewhere around the same wattage. I personally wouldn't buy anything from crutchfield, only because they don't always have the best prices. Good luck, and happy searching. :cool:

A good audio resource would be www.crutchfield.com, you can enter in what kind of vehicle you have, and it will tell you what fits. I'm sure you can upgrade the 3" speakers, crutchfield can confirm. Most headunits are going to be somewhere around the same wattage. I personally wouldn't buy anything from crutchfield, only because they don't always have the best prices. Good luck, and happy searching. :cool:

Good advice on the Crutchfield thing, that is helping a lot! Thanks!

Back