• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Night shot...

zorrex

Enjoys the Abuse
0514072039.jpg

:drool:

Next step is to take a household-plug illuminated rope and rig it into my trunk... heheh

It looks like this:
0514072021.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind the neon in the trunk. I go to a lot of cruises, so I show off both my trunk and my engine. Why not light it up if you want??? :shrug:

Now as for the Sony amp......well....been there done that....never again.:laugh:

The products perform VERY well for what I purchased them for. I am very pleased with my Sony Xplod and don't see why so many people have a big problem with it. Granted it isn't as good as other brands out there, but it still provides my subs with the power and quality I need. And trust me, those subs POUND. They hit as solid and clear as that amp tells them to. My previous set of Duals (the older model) was powered by an Audiobahn amp (don't remember the wattage, but it was probably around half that of the Xplod I have now) and it came out with VERY clear sound. Wasn't too powerful because it was low wattage, but it was clear. The only thing limiting my system on the quality of sound is my amp. It's good quality, but I do notice some room for improvement...I would buy another Sony Xplod amp because it is a very good value.

And as for my endeavors with the light rope, it's not looking too good. It would be too expensive and VERY ugly to get it to go through a power inverter in my cigarette outlet. Besides, I use that for my phone charger.
Another option is to run the power to it from something like my parking light/headlight switch (I obviously wouldn't have the rope light on during the day, haha), but this would be difficult, seeing as I would still need to convert DC to AC, as well as kill the wattage being pushed. The rope light can only handle something lame like 5w or something. *sigh* I don't wanna burn all the bulbs inside it out, you can't replace them.

man you can just set up the rope w/ an inverter but run it just to 12volts and not the cig lighter. You can set up a switch and everything too.

Its not difficult at all, you can do it if you like.

man you can just set up the rope w/ an inverter but run it just to 12volts and not the cig lighter. You can set up a switch and everything too.

Its not difficult at all, you can do it if you like.

Well yes the cig lighter was just an example. I probably would connect it elsewhere. The only problem is I would need to find a cheap inverter. I was lookin at some and they were like fifty bucks. I nearly crapped myself. I was thinking, 'Who the hell would buy an inverter for that redonk of a price???' If I can find one cheap on eBay or something I may pick it up.

Well it's more for personal gratification and to make other people jealous. It's not like im gonna get anything out of it looking nice. And yes I know you can find those cheaper in stores, but not the few places I went today, haha.

And yes I know you can find those cheaper in stores, but not the few places I went today, haha.

Look at the ads in sundays paper. Iv'e seen them on special at Checkers for 29.99 which is a 400watt inverter with 2 plug in's. Im pretty sure I have seen them at Pep Boys for around the same price.

Look at the ads in sundays paper. Iv'e seen them on special at Checkers for 29.99 which is a 400watt inverter with 2 plug in's. Im pretty sure I have seen them at Pep Boys for around the same price.

However, if you didn't notice, the lights are of VERY low wattage. They would like, explode if i got something that powerful. Plus, I'm not lookin to spend $30 just for some stupid lights. I was hoping I could skimp and do it dirt cheap...

Lol have you heard mine? A friend of mine has similar wattage Rockford subs with higher wattage amp. We have comparable sound. Don't be hatin'.

"dude, my best buy setup POUNDS" "oh yeah, well my budget ebay system THUMPS!"
OMG, please people, go to a competition sometime and hear what a real system sounds like, A Dual bandpass powered by a sony x-plod "POUNDS"? If you think your system is remotely loud then please don't sit inside of a car with a real system because you'll likely suffer from rectal bleeding compared to the light tingling massage you receive with your setup.
Its a phase, you'll get over it. You'll be laughing about this in less than a year.

Last edited:
"dude, my best buy setup POUNDS" "oh yeah, well my budget ebay system THUMPS!"
OMG, please people, go to a competition sometime and hear what a real system sounds like, A Dual bandpass powered by a sony x-plod "POUNDS"? If you think your system is remotely loud then please don't sit inside of a car with a real system because you'll likely suffer from rectal bleeding compared to the light tingling massage you receive with your setup.
Its a phase, you'll get over it. You'll be laughing about this in less than a year.
agreed 100%.. Most 'real systems' doors speakers probably produce more sound/bass then those subs.

Nobodys trying (intentionally) to put you down. Get in a car with a real high quality stereo system and you'll see,

BTW, I can't stand people that refer to there system volume and/or bass as "pounds, thumps" its pretty annoying.

However, if you didn't notice, the lights are of VERY low wattage. They would like, explode if i got something that powerful. Plus, I'm not lookin to spend $30 just for some stupid lights. I was hoping I could skimp and do it dirt cheap...
they will not blow up.. 400w means thats what the invertor can produce.. its not pushing 400w all the time. If the lights need 2w then the invertor pushes 2watts.

Please review....

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=6022

Will everyone please stop spewing this garbage? Please?

"Brand X just hit hard..."

"...my friend has a Brand Y that hits twice as hard as my two crappy Brand Z 12"..."

Baloney!!

No conversation about subs is valid unless you also include the enclosure it was mounted in.

Please include the following when presenting opinions about the performance of a subwoofer system:

1. size of the enclosure in cubic feet.
2. type of enclosure (sealed, ported, band-pass, free-air, etc)
3. tuning frequency if not sealed or free-air
4. also, if commenting about how loud the bass is please include what amplifier is powering the sub(s) (do not just say it is a 1,000,000 watt ILS* amp from Rockwood or Kenford... first give brand and model number)

The reason for all this additional information is it has a direct impact on its performance and how a listener may perceive its performance. The same speaker in different enclosures can and will perform very differently. Without this additional information to provide a frame of reference, your opinion is meaningless to the rest of us.

* ILS - "If Lightning Strikes" and provides 1.21 gigawatts of power, the amp will put out 1,000,000 watts of peak power.

Back