• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Speaker Hook-Up

LGR Mystique

CEG'er
Well i have an after-market HU, subs, and stock door speakers, well now i want to add home highs to the rear deck and hook them up by tapping into the rear door speaker wiring. I want to tap into the wiring between the front and rear doors (the vertical metal piece where the wires run) apparently the wiring behind the speakers are different from the ones between the 2 door area..anyone know the exact colour of the wires?

it really doesnt matter if you tap from the rear speakers or tap into the front. you are gona get the same out of them

Well i have an after-market HU, subs, and stock door speakers, well now i want to add home highs to the rear deck and hook them up by tapping into the rear door speaker wiring. I want to tap into the wiring between the front and rear doors (the vertical metal piece where the wires run) apparently the wiring behind the speakers are different from the ones between the 2 door area..anyone know the exact colour of the wires?

Why in the world would you want to add "home highs to the rear deck"?? This approach to music reproduction confuses me.

I have no sound coming from any speakers aft of the factory front door locations...

If you "tap" in youre gonna lower the ohms. thats not good. unless youre talkin tweets with a crossover or somethin'.

I concur. I would recommend getting a small amp and using the RCA output and getting some high-quality 6"x9"s or something. No tapping, lol. Unless of course, you don't use your rear door speakers and only use rear deck speakers. Don't kill your HU.

Back