• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Deposits on turbo so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom, I'm confused too...Paypal never required me to do this in the past when I sold stuff through my store on ebay. Can't you just ignore their requirements?

Alex

I personally apologize for the inconvenience this has caused anyone. I am only trying to do the right thing at this point and satisfy both our customers and paypal's requirements. Thanks for your patience.

you guys are doing great, i see no reason to apologize, it's alot of hard work and from conception to production this is record time! i have had alot of experience with turbo kit manufacturers and have never seen this kind of speed and service. greatly appreciated.:cool:

what does paypal exactly ask for to know that an item has shipped. Is this because you are setup to use paypal as a businness? Could you just send an envelope to meet the requirments maybe just send the purchase information. That way you have sent something and can keep the money in paypal :shrug:

Yes we could do this.

However the Paypal business system is setup this way so that some no-name place doesn't set up an account and suck a bunch of money out of it without sending out any product. We just have had a hard first month because of all the different things we have to do to get it setup and start providing products. Both Joey and I are busy resourcing our new products, testing, and building our respective parts. Within another couple of weeks this won't matter at all.
Anyway, the paypal system is setup to protect both the buyer and seller. If we agree to send Something out then both of us lose that protection.
In this case it may work out fine but you all should be aware of that.

I would prefer to send you an invoice showing your deposit received on the total amount down and then list out the major items of your kit. THen send you some portion of that invoice initially until we get this all squared away.

Anyone have any problems with that? Anyone just want to receive an envelope and not receive any product?

Tom, I'm confused too...Paypal never required me to do this in the past when I sold stuff through my store on ebay. Can't you just ignore their requirements?

Alex

Well I'd like to but they put a partial freeze on the account so I can't use the money to pay for parts! :mad: We can receive money and send out product but we cannot transfer the money somewhere else to buy more parts. So that means we can sell off things we have right now. Really it is only those first transactions that are looking for a product to ship. After that we'll be fine.

If we just play along with this situation it will all be good with this plan, and then they'll remove the limitation.

In the subject I put "deposit" and I haven't seen any activity yet through paypal. Will anything happen? and if so will the refund go back through paypal or just directly to my debit card?

Or, have you ever considered to implement Google Check Out?
This has been quite popular recently. Maybe it does not have that many of restriction?

If my deposit requires you to send something, I'd prefer you send me an envelope with the details of my kit and an estimate of the total price, as opposed to sending me any parts just yet. Especially since I want the T3/3 super 60 turbo.

Alex

If my deposit requires you to send something, I'd prefer you send me an envelope with the details of my kit and an estimate of the total price, as opposed to sending me any parts just yet. Especially since I want the T3/3 super 60 turbo.

Alex

Correct.

Lets just let this issue die here in this thread for now. When Joey comes back he can give better guidance on how he wants to handle deposits with paypal since he will be doing the shipping.

For those of you who have not paid yet, you will need to send you deposit by check/money order from here on out. If you MUST use paypal then lets talk about it. Lets continue to keep all the business transactions private through email as well for everyones privacy.

Ive got a lot of bills to pay right now but i should have all the money for the kit before august. Im really intrested in this and am glad you decided to make the kits for us.

Wow I am stuck out here on a job and didn't even realize I had internet. Once in awhile I have to make a job to feed my family and I appreciate the patience guys. I am heading home tonite I will be home sunday 4 am I am fully rested and ready to knock out half the kits. I have 9 days off and all kits will be completed If I have to stay up all night for seven days.

I am going to resolve this problem by upgrading the site to via-secure vertual terminal where we can take credit cards, tranfers, etc without the paypal bull....... I will keep the option for paypal on items that we have in stock ready to ship.

Guys who were sent back deposits will not lose their spots I will call you first for full payment when ready then so on.

We have these little bumps in the road and we will smooth them out soon. The ground level part is always the hardest part of our new business. I promise to do everthing I can to make every transaction smooth.

I will show you some pics of the new kit done

Oh go check out the MSDS on our site that will be the new color for the hot pipes.........Look great.

Guys, check the pics and videos thread for a shot of the completed turbo kit!

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=10850

stage1_nautilus_007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back