• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Subframe Connector interest check

Is it too late to get in on this? Count me in, please.

nope. not at all sir. this is just the interest check thread. ill post an official thread when im ready to start collecting funds which I plan to this week. john was already going to start welding today but its been crazy windy this week and he does this outside in his back yard. we have some left over steel from the last GB. so a few people will actually get some fairly quickly. theoretically anyways lol. all depends on the weather. right now john's off work for Christmas, for two weeks. once he goes back, he only has the weekend to work on the welding. but, one good solid day and he should be able to get all if not most of them done. im planning on doing about 20-30 sets. once those are gone, it may be a while before we do another run. if we all of a sudden get a bunch of people to jump in while we're still doing this, then we can easily order more steel. its just getting the ball rolling and making it all happen lol

No Title

Got the set that svt4stv made awhile back, and weld by John today.
The angle problem that they worry was cleared, and it sit perfectly under the frame.
Only problem we had was the rain and and beat up frame that my car has.
However, nothing a skillful mechanic can't fix.

Attachments

• photo15492.jpg
    photo15492.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo15493.jpg
    photo15493.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo15494.jpg
    photo15494.jpg
    706.4 KB · Views: 0
thanks for posting pics and review calvin and thanks for making it on such short notice. you helped everyone out, not just us.

this car was very tough to weld. the underbody of the car up front was bent up which made finding spots to weld to very tough. and john is no expert welder lol. so if it looks sloppy, that's why. but it will work. on your average car you will be able to get a lot more areas to weld on and if installed by someone who welds for a living they will come out very nice.

so now we know we are good to go! we actually have 7 sets we were able to put together from the previous GB. calvin here took one of them so we have 6 more sets available right now. with more on the way.

if, IF you can use a set asap. as in your car is NOT stored away for the winter and you are currently driving it and can have them installed asap, shoot me a PM. don't be a dick and grab one of these 6 sets and then put them in the garage for 3 months lol. we are going to have plenty more. plenty for everyone. im just trying to take care of the guys who want/need them asap and can actually use them right now.

I will post a new thread for the GB this week. promise. $200 shipped anywhere in the continental US. I will ship to HI, AK, Canada, PR, Mexico or wherever else you may be for additional cost. heck, a few years ago I sent a pair to a small village in Ireland. I prefer paypal for payment but can also take CC, personal check, money order, wire transfer and good old American dollars.

the other 6 sets are at media blasting right now having surface rust removed. they look all nice and purty once they come back. I should be able to ship them out this week.

the set you see here were media blasted this week. all of a sudden we had surprise rain and these sat out in it for a day. so that's why you see a little surface rust on them. not an issue for CA cars and he'll paint them when he has a chance. for the rest of you I would suggest keeping them indoors until you're ready and painting them asap.

posted the official GB thread up a few days ago. i need at least 20 people on board (with deposits) in order to start making them. we had a few left over from the previous GB which quickly sold out. in order to order the steel to make more, i need at least 20 people. at least 14 more since i just sold six sets.

Back