Official GB: ST220 UIM Spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official GB: ST220 UIM Spacers

Well gents I looked into making these spacers for the last GB for aboythatskates, but since it never kicked it off and he already purchased his spacers he said I could take it over and continue with it.

This design will include laser cut T6061 aluminum spacers with no grooves. It will utilize the same factory gaskets intended for the ST220 manifold. Also included will be a set of flanged zinc coated head bolts.

So to summarize the kit will include
    x2 T6061 Aluminum 1/2" spacer
    x2 FelPro plenum gasket set
    x6 yellow zinc coated flange head bolt

Total price for kit shipped
    5 people committed - $230
    10 people committed - $208

Spacers only shipped
    5 people committed - $180
    10 people committed - $163

That said who's interest

-Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Put me on the list. I probably am going to go with the 3L Escape UIM but since plans could change down the road, I'll hedge my bet and support this Group Buy. If the Group Buy doesn't generate enough interest and you are still going to get a set made for yourself, let me know because I'll still be interested in getting a set.
    Mr. Spindlelegs
    1999 Black SVT #1658 of 2760
    2014 Scion FR-S Monogram Series

Comment

did you stay with 1/2" thickness? i did and its still very close to the rear valve cover. i had to cut off a tab back there, and now theres probably 1/4" space left. it should be enough.

just an FYI
      1999 Mercury Cougar Full 3.0L MTX
      236HP

Comment

I already have a set of spacers. I'm just putting this GB up to give people the option to still get there hands on a set. My spacers are made of 1/2" and clear just fine with 05 Escape valve covers.
        -Mike
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Put me on the list for a set+gaskets&bolts
          "Skrink" 2000 Contour SE Sport w/ Port-mis-matched 3L, Modded - "Totaled" ...by a dent. :(
          "Skrod" 1999 Contour SVT #811 1/12/99 Forged 3.0T - Under the knife
          "Gidget" 2004 VW GTI 1.8T - Wife's DD
          "Charlotte" 1982 Alfa Romeo Spider - Wife's (In Storage)

Comment

Whats the time frame on this? Im in for just spacers.
            -99 T-RED 3L SVT TURBO
            -99 T-GREEN RHD MPV ST220 MAZDA 6 TURE DUAL 3L SVT
            -00 BLK/TAN SVT
            NEW OEM CONTOUR PARTS DEALER*
            SVTWAREHOUSE.COM COMING SOON!!

Comment

Id like to know the time frame as well. This isnt in my budget yet, but im curious

Comment

Silly question: Do the port dimensions match the ST220 IM, the plastic manifold, or something else?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                "Skrink" 2000 Contour SE Sport w/ Port-mis-matched 3L, Modded - "Totaled" ...by a dent. :(

Comment

Timing is if/when there are enough people to reach the minimum required for a GB to start, which is 5.

1. mrspindlelegs (spacers)
                  2. hylix (spacer kit)
                  -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Originally posted by hylix View Post
                    Silly question: Do the port dimensions match the ST220 IM, the plastic manifold, or something else?
                    The ST220/Mondeo UIM.
                    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Some might think they match the oval port of the Taurus too, but they do not. I have a cutting file of both the ST220 and the Taurus and they are different.
                      *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
                      30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
                        Some might think they match the oval port of the Taurus too, but they do not. I have a cutting file of both the ST220 and the Taurus and they are different.
                        Correct.
                        -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Is anyone willing to share their CAD drawings for the spacer? I'd be willing to try and mill a set in my bench top CNC machine. (Yeah, I know, I can measure and draw them myself. Just trying to save a step if I can)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

im down for group buy. just the spacers plz
                            Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Comment

Originally posted by montrese04 View Post
                              im down for group buy. just the spacers plz
                              Haha. Man you got to check dates when you post. This thing is dead. Not enough interest.
                              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Working...
                              X