• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

st220 manifold spacers

aboythatskates

Hard-core CEG'er
anyone interested? i had some designed. might as well see if anyone else wants a set. will have the oem taurus rubber gaskets around each port on top and bottom to prevent purchasing the st220 gasket set. which is hard to come by

if i get enough dedicated souls i will make more

Its not going to be able to use cop, unless you use 01-03 plastic valvecovers. Its purpose is to run the '04+ covers with it which are taller.

Its not going to be able to use cop, unless you use 01-03 plastic valvecovers. Its purpose is to run the '04+ covers with it which are taller.

OK. I'm still interested, since I'd like to use the '05 covers. I'm sure it would only improve the chances of finding a nice COP unit to stuff in there.

But if COP works with the plastic covers+spacer, why wouldn't it work with the 04/5 covers? Do those covers situate the coils higher than the plastic ones? (I have both. I suppose I can measure)

Last edited:
COP will not fit... not without a thicker spacer

Here are your clearance pics... or rather lack there of. Also in regards to COP's burning out I'm guessing it's because in pretty much every case I know of people that have switched to them are still running them as a wasted spark system, which is basically cutting the life of the COP in half.

6a0r.jpg
cyi5.jpg

Last edited:
how thick are those spacers csvt#49? mine are now revised to be 3/4" thick, because of such thin walls between the gasket grooves

Too thick. It will hit the hood. 1/2" is all you need.

04 valve covers have better pcv. I feel like im repeating everything in that first thread.

You should end up with 4mm between the grooves, which is enough.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

mine are already designed. i was just trying to finalize what i want the final thickness to be. 5/8 it will be. i will have pics of them when i get them so if anyone is still interested this will be possible. the more people the cheeper too, because of setup time

Why are you multiplying it by 2?top and bottom? You only need it for the bottom unless you just want to use the o ring style gasket on the manifold too.

Back