No announcement yet.

PRT Aluminum Subframe Bushing pre-Sale GB #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm thinking of buying from the PRT website, but how hard are these to install and do they split apart to fit?? Also do they help with driveline lash?
    Stallion"---1998.5 Contour SVT #5736 in Ebony Black/Midnight Blue ***8/28/13 3L style!*** Build/swap HERE!!!
    "Chloe"---1997 Plymouth Neon in Deep Amethyst Pearlcoat
    "Blueberry" ---2005 Saturn Vue in Blue
    "Lassie" ---2010 Taurus Limited in Candy Red

Comment

Originally posted by bigboyricky93 View Post
      Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm thinking of buying from the PRT website, but how hard are these to install and do they split apart to fit?? Also do they help with driveline lash?
      They are 8 individual pieces, yes. I've only installed with the subframe off the car, and it's a cake job, some have done it on the car as well, haven't heard any complaints. The online store is taken down for the moment, so if you're interested in a set please contact me via PM here, or the contact us link on the site.
      99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car
      00 ROUSH Cougar - SOLD | 02 SVTF - New toy and R&D car. Future RWD?

Owner/operator PRT www.prtautosport.com
      Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

I did mine while the subframe was in the car. Took less than 45 minutes. Long prybar and lots of wd40 is key.
        Chris
        1998 Ford SVT Contour #3571 ....... fixing and repairing daily.

Comment

Originally posted by GIT-R-DONE View Post
          I did mine while the subframe was in the car. Took less than 45 minutes. Long prybar and lots of wd40 is key.
          Loosen both sides, pry down to get the rubber out, slide the metal in and tighten back up?
          2000 "Amazon" Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150

Comment

Loosen both on the drivers side, pull one completely out. Lets the subframe hang and then put a jack up under the subframe about an inch or two below so it gives a little room for play, but not not to much to where your prying and cant get good leverage. Pry on the bushing a few times to loosen it up and spray wd40 around it real good. A few more prys and it should pop out.
            Chris
            1998 Ford SVT Contour #3571 ....... fixing and repairing daily.

Comment

Currently running another pre-sale. Price drop ends next Friday 3/27.
              99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car

Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

Currently running another GB at $112.50 (%10 off)

Comment

Working...
                X