• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Nitrous Outlet - Nitrous Plate

nasty1

CEG'er
I'm looking to put together a group buy for a nitrous plate for the 2.5/3.0 Duratec platforms. If you are seriously interested in the product AFTER reading the post, please respond in the thread.

The vendor that I'm working with is Nitrous Outlet. If you aren't familiar with them, they are a company out of Waco, Texas that produces nitrous kits and accessories on the LS, Coyote and Hemi platforms. Their website is a good place to start if you need to read up on them: http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/. I would encourage you to read 3rd party reviews of their products as well. A simple google search will get you to that info.

PRODUCT
The end product will be a nitrous plate .75 inches thick which will mount between the throttle body and upper intake manifold. Finish and function will be at the same level as other Nitrous Outlet plates. Specifically it will be built from a single piece of billet aluminum, anodized black and lazer etched with the Nitrous Outlet logo.

The only requirement being that you run a Contour SVT throttle body and a 2.5L UIM. If you have those two components the plate will bolt up fine.

The plate should work with any wet nitrous system. It will be up to you to do a little homework on if your particular kit will function with the plate. I will do my best to get N2O to answer compatibility questions for specific kits if necessary. If you are in need of a full system, the team at N2O can handle that as well.

Below are images of the 2011+ Mustang plate which will give you an idea of what the final product could look like.

uRK4ddF.jpg

ghJ6Uz3.jpg

You can see a few Nitrous Outlet plates in action in the below video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_fwmx1JcE8

POTENTIAL COSTS
I have been quoted $475 for one plate. N2O doesn't offer discounts on orders under $1,500. My hope is that if we can get 5 people in on this and get a 20% discount on the plates, which works out to about $400.

LOGISTICS
My car will be the test mule for fitment. If I need to take a weekend trip down to Waco with my car, I will do that. The plate development will take 1 month. So from the time we get commitment and payment from 5 individuals, it should take 6-8 weeks for the plate to be in your hands.

I'd be interested to see the difference between what they come up with and what they already have in thier plate for the 96-04 mustang gt. For $100 less the mustang plate will bolt on its just a matter of how different the air/n2o is being introduced into the combustion chamber.

I'd be interested to see the difference between what they come up with and what they already have in thier plate for the 96-04 mustang gt. For $100 less the mustang plate will bolt on its just a matter of how different the air/n2o is being introduced into the combustion chamber.

Its a good thought and something I explored. They don't have a plate for the 96-04 Mustang GT that fits between the throttle body and plenum which would fit our platform. The one kit they have goes between the plenum & the intake manifold - which means it isn't a bolt on part.

This is the same for the Nitrous Express plate as well, not a bolt on part for the Contour.

Back