• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest check: Alumium subframe bushing presale GB

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Price including shipping is set at $110 for a full kit. Looking to gauge interest to finalize pricing and set a delivery date. Please only reply if you're genuinely interested. I've sold a few sets and everyone seems to love them.

Stock rubber mounts, at least mine at 100k miles were soft goo, softer than a tennis ball. If you plan to drop the front subframe i would buy these.

I wish i could comment on NVH, but i did coilovers, tubular arms, at the same time.

Ive got a set as well, not installed yet tho. Josh I remember you saying these need to be welded in long ago, is that still the case?

Shiny... What's the benefit to rockin' these again?

Essentially turns your font sub frame into a 4 point front end brace. You replace the rubber isolators on he (4) mounting points with these solid aluminum pieces.

Ive got a set as well, not installed yet tho. Josh I remember you saying these need to be welded in long ago, is that still the case?

Nope! I was referring to the ones on my car. The first set I had made were steel and I had them welded to my subframe just because I could.

Last edited:
I'm going to be totaling up interest Tuesday and making a count for quote. I'll start a new pre-sale GB then and you guys can start sending in payments.

Sorry I didn't see this until now to chime in sooner Josh.

If you are on the fence, don't be. BUY THESE! I have them on my daily driven CSVT (granted mine is FAR from stock now, and closer to a full blown weekend AutoX and road course warrior), but I love these. They made the front end feel SO much better. And as far as NVH...it didn't get any worse adding these. You are basically just making the subframe a part of the chassis this way. You may "feel" the motor more at idle...but for me...I love to feel every bit of the car. I have 94A PRT roll restrictors front and rear, and numerous chassis and suspension stiffening mods, so my car has more of the "engine" feel at idle than a stock car, but it really boils down to what you are doing with your car. If you are like me, and want to hone on your car and rev the heap to 7k rpm daily...then these ARE FOR YOU! If you want to keep things stock appearing and subtle...then I wouldn't buy these, simple as that.

It beats the hell out of the wore out rubber bushings for sure, as my stockers were shot. And it made a big difference in the feel of the front of the car in the corners. It just felt more responsive and under control the whole time.

These are VERY easy to install too. Remove old bushings and these sit right in place. And Josh marks each one where they go. Very good dude...and thats why I buy from PRT all the time.

Josh...let me know when the camber plates are in stock again (my stock mounts are shot, dont feel like buying stock junk again! lol)

Back