• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT fiberglass sideskirts (Group buy interest)

lowproki

CEG'er
Hi my name is jesus im located in Stockton, ca..

Im checking interest in sideskirts for SVT contour I see lots of people look for them I have a guy that makes me fiberglass parts his a professional he used to make roller coaster rides for amusement parks..

I showed him my sideskirts he said he can make them one piece straight no jack covers...

he said price would be around 200 + shipping

I would think greyhound would be cheapest. ..

for deposit it would be $50 that would be discounted from 200..

so I just want to see if there is enough interest to get him to make them. ..

This is a good GB though all who show interest MUST KNOW these side-skirts will require you to lift the car accordingly to not damage the one piece build.

Might I suggest a group buy not for side-skirts, but for jack point covers ? Seems like half the people here need some.

Mad Dog

i Just plastic welded my covers to the skirt and of course filler and paint.

Attachments

• svtrocker..jpg
    svtrocker..jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
  • svt..jpg
    svt..jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
i need a pair of them as well. i wouldnt want them in straight up fiberglass because fiberglass is so fragile. we can have these made in duraflex (fiberglass/plastic mix), carbon fiber and urethane. we just need to have a mold made. since i need a pair, and i see how impossible it is to score some nice ones, i think i may go ahead and do this. in order to keep it simple and cost effective, it would probably be just 1 piece, no removable jack point covers.

are the left and right side exactly the same? just mirror opposites. if we can make 1 mold its waaay more doable. two molds is just too much $$ to invest into it. if we can make one side skirt that fits both left and right, that looks the same on both sides, that would be optimal.

Haven't looked at 'em in a while since the SVT is under a cover in the garage. Are the two ends similar enough to where some dremel work would make it feasible to use a single mold?

Back