• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT Tubular adjustable rear toe arms

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Fairly straight forward on these guys:

1" OD 6061 Aluminum anodized tube(some are gold anodized and some are silver, depends how they show up from production) with 3/4-16 RH/LH threads and a knurled surface on one end. At either end is a heavy duty high-misalignment chromoly steel spherical end link that matches the width of the factory arm necked down with a machined spacer to allow the use of factory 12mm hardware and direct bolt-on installation in place of the stock arms.

This is a pre-sale GB and price will be set at $200+shipping. I need at least 5 to get this started and once we reach 5, I'll give it another week to pick up stragglers before requesting payment from everyone and placing all the orders. Please do myself and your fellow CEGers a favor and DO NOT put you're name on the list if you are not 100% committed.

1) Black Tilly (NECO) PAID PMed
2) tigerbalm (CEG) PAID PMed
3) captastic (CEG) PAID SHIPPED
4) hylix (CEG) PAID SHIPPED
5) CSVT_0611 (CEG) PAID SHIPPED
zerg1024 (NECO)
7) Cn'CDaveE1(CEG) PAID SHIPPED
8) Blu_fuz (CEG) PAID PICKED UP
9) loafers (CEG) PAID SHIPPED
10) RandyB (NECO) PAID PMed
6) jumijc (CEG) PAID PMed

ToeArms3.jpg

Last edited:
How harsh on the street?

How harsh on the street?

I don't do any track time, but my car is also my daily driver. I don't mind a bit of a firm ride, but will it tear up the mounts and be tough on my kidneys? I apologize for my ignorance...

ive had a set very similar to his on my autox car for 3-4 seasons plus driving it around town as well and its not bothered the mounts at all

I don't do any track time, but my car is also my daily driver. I don't mind a bit of a firm ride, but will it tear up the mounts and be tough on my kidneys? I apologize for my ignorance...

I've run tubular arms on two cars for a few years now and I haven't noticed any problems resulting from them being installed in either case.

It has nothing to do with the harshness of the ride. You really only feel it when cornering, especially on long sweepers, when you notice that there is no lateral slop anymore...

They're larger. To my knowledge TZT uses 7/8" OD tubes 5/8-18 rod ends that already have a thru hole small enough for the 12mm hardware, but are 1/8" narrower than the stock arms whereas these are both larger in diameter and identical to stock specs. I pointed people toward the TZT arms in the last when I didn't have time to get into them. They are essentially identical only smaller, which is reflected in the price as mine are a bit more expensive thanks to end links being twice the cost.

1) Black Tilly (NECO)
2) tigerbalm (CEG)
3) captastic (CEG)
4) hylix (CEG)
5)CSVT_0611

Lets get it rolling!

how fast would the turn around on these be? discount tire did this to my car last week and i could use a set asap id even pay alittle more to make it worth it.

trailarm_zps5d49698b.jpg

I'm estimating turnaround of about 2 weeks from Monday, it all depends on how quickly payments are received and orders come in. If you can't wait, In the mean time I have a ton of those stock arms if you need one, just pay shipping.

I'm estimating turnaround of about 2 weeks from Monday, it all depends on how quickly payments are received and orders come in. If you can't wait, In the mean time I have a ton of those stock arms if you need one, just pay shipping.
I can wait. Where do i send the money and what would be the total cost with shipping ?

Will we be able to set these at factory length, install, and not need an alignment? :ponder:

Thanks for adding me to the list. These will be the first upgrade to my REAR end, running 100% stock and 100% original parts back there with 240k miles :eek:.

Will we be able to set these at factory length, install, and not need an alignment? :ponder:

Thanks for adding me to the list. These will be the first upgrade to my REAR end, running 100% stock and 100% original parts back there with 240k miles :eek:.

I don't see why not, so long as everything is correct. You should also look into the urethane trailing arm bushings.

Back