• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official GB: Upgraded Oil Pan Baffle

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright everyone all the quotes are in and I can come up with a total cost.
(Note: For additional information see IC thread, HERE)

Upgraded Baffle, T304 Stainless Steel (fits 2.5L and Escape 3L oil pan): $80
Shipping (lower 48 states): ~$9-14 (from 55448, box is 12"x9"x6" @ 5lbs)
Handling (packaging materials, labor, etc): ~$4

Total price: ~$93-98 shipped depending on location. PM for total.

Lead time will be 2 1/2 weeks after order is placed (based on what my supplier told me today 8/16). 10 people are needed for the order to be placed.

baffle1.jpg

List from other thread. I will update this list as I receive confirmation from people. This group buy will only stay open until 10AM Aug 31st. That is two weeks from tomorrow! I'd actually like to have this ordered in a week so I can finish my engine, but I realize that is probably a little to quick for some people.

UPDATE 8/22: Material order is placed. This will only provide enough material for 10 parts. Therefore as soon as these parts have been spoken for with either a full payment or deposit there will be no more baffles available. Only way around this would be if there was another 10 committed people or an increase in cost to cover the price difference of a low volume buy.

Committed List
1. CSVT#49 - Paid in full
2. Daven - Shipped
3. tsSVT - Shipped
4. Chas - Paid in full - shipping out Sun 9/23
5. Online-Guru - Paid in full - shipping out Sun 9/23
6. FastFord - Shipped
7. qbcsvt - Shipped
8. 99Mystique ATX - Shipped
9. Icefury - Backed Out
10. docfeelgood111 - Shipped
11. Open Spot

People left from the interested list
1. SVOFANATIC
2. jtidaho
3. mrspindlelegs - total sent

So I don't get stuck with material I'll require a $20 deposit by Aug 31st. I accept payments via PayPal or money order. This deposit can be made via PayPal using my email of riesperformance@gmail.com or if you choose you can send me your full payment as well, PM me your information and I'll supply you with your total. When making your payment please include the following. Full payment will be due once parts are ready to ship. This is dependent on the lead time for the supplier, but most likely will be 2-3weeks after the GB order is sent to the supplier (Aug 31st).

1. CEG s/n
2. Full name
3. Mailing address
4. Email address
5. phone number

NOTE: This information will purely be used for shipping purposes and will deleted from all records once the GB is completed. Phone number is needed by FedEx so that they may contact you with any shipping issues.

If you have any questions please PM me or send me an email at riesperformance@gmail.com

Last edited:
When is full payment due? My wedding is in a couple days, and literally my last check (Im getting today 8/17/12) is going to be saved for emergencys/tips and such for everyone that day. I should be able to make the full payment within 2-3 weeks.

Wanted to know if that will work for you. I can send the deposit asap....

When is full payment due? My wedding is in a couple days, and literally my last check (Im getting today 8/17/12) is going to be saved for emergencys/tips and such for everyone that day. I should be able to make the full payment within 2-3 weeks.

Wanted to know if that will work for you. I can send the deposit asap....

Sent you a PM, and also updated the original post to indicate full payment will be due once the parts are ready to ship, which will be 2-3 weeks after I close the order board for the GB on Aug 31st.

I'm assuming the circular baffle on the under side won't starve the pick-up tube screen of oil? Has this been modeled, or is it a common design that is known to work?

I'm assuming the circular baffle on the under side won't starve the pick-up tube screen of oil? Has this been modeled, or is it a common design that is known to work?

A similar design is already used on Nobles. The circular baffle also doesn't go to the bottom of the pan and in addition to that it has holes placed to allow flow through it as well.

Alright guys well just an update. I went ahead and placed the order. This order will only cover a total of 10 pieces. This means the first 9 people to place their deposit/payment will get in on this. After that... well I guess we'll need another 10 to make that happen or an increase in price to split the increased cost of the low volume order. As of right now there are only 5 slots left. If you want in I suggest not waiting to the last minute.

Guys please make sure when you send your deposit/full payment to include your information in the details. If you send me a PM with this information and the website does go down again I may not have it when I go to ship out parts. Thank you.

Last edited:
PM Sent, I'd like to get in on this. I've gotta drop the oil pan off the 2.5L for the Vortech car at some point anyways. Might as well upgrade while it's off :)

Please let me know how much this will be shipped to Jersey City NJ 07306 and I will send you the full amount. Thanks for your hardwork!

Mocked up most of the parts in my 3L oil pan, fits perfectly. Should have one welded up by next weekend with the rest of the batch to follow.

imag0273jd.jpg

imag0274m.jpg

Alright everyone there is only one left. Once I've received another payment there is nothing left. So if you've been debating about it I wouldn't wait much longer.

Well people that's it. All 10 parts are spoken for. If you missed out on these 10 you'll need another 10 people to get this pricing. I can have one off parts made for $140 + S&H.

Back